Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbor issues getting WAY out of hand.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay so I have two houses next to mine. My friend Jen has a 5 year old daughter and has been best friends with my 4 year old for the past 2 years.  My other neighbors have a 7 year old (we'll call her Molly) and 11 year old (we'll call her Betty). And they have pretty much been a problem off and on for a while now. (Name calling, not including all the kids during play time, teaming up against one kid ect.)  Well two days ago my 4 year old was out with her friends the 5 year old, (we'll call her Jane), and Molly looked right at Jane and said, right in front of my daughter, "Come on. Me and you can go get a popsicle from my house." Then then ran off leaving my daughter standing by herself. My daughter came home hysterical because she got left out. I walked out there to go talk to the girls and Jen was standing in the doorway and very snottily said, "Hold on! They are going to bring HER one too." I didn't appreciate being talked to like a child so I sid, "Nevermind. I'm taking my daughter home." 5 minutes later Jen came knocking on my door, got shitty with me and insisted she wasn't being left out. I told her what my daughter said happened and she tries telling me she's lying. Well I can tell when my daughter lies which she wasn't. I simply said, "I'm tired of her being picked on and left out. This happens constantly so my daughter is taking a break from kids for the day." Jen was of coarse pissed and told me I was over reacting. So that was that. I figured we'll take a break, it'll blow over and things will be fine. And my blow up wasn't just about the freaking popsicle. This kind of thing is CONSTANTLY happening and I am sick of it. So yesterday my 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter ask to go out and play kick ball. I say fine. My husband doesn't want them to go out because the other kids are playing in their yard but I am not keeping my kids locked in the house because of this. My kids can play in their own freaking yard.  Well Molly started to walk into our yard and my 8 year old said, "We can't have anyone over today." So all three kids, Molly, Jane and Betty start calling my kids brats, they're going to tell yada yada. So I then decide ok, I'm going to sit outside with my kids to nothing else happens. Wrong. These kids continue to stare, make faces, call names. My kids and I go into the back and they follow us. So on and so forth. I mean this is just freaking ridiculous. My kids are being stalked. I go into the garage to find something and hear my 8 year old say, "Here is your ball. It came in our yard." and then Betty yells, "Shut up you idiot." So then I come unglued. I go out there and tell Betty, "Don't you ever tell my son to shut up. You girls need to go find something to do, quit following my kids and playing these stupid games. " and Betty tells me, "Why don't you stop being such a bitch Jessica and shut the hell up. And keep your stupid idiot kids away from my yard." So now Betty's dad has put up No Tresspassing signs. This is way out of hand. I can't even have my kids in my own yard without them being verbally attacked. And my 4 year old is so confused. She said to me, "Mommy why are my friends being so mean? Don't they know I miss them?" I need advice...anything on how to solve this. At least so I can have my own children feel comfortable in their own yard. And unfortunately moving is not an option. HELP!!!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BigOlMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Um... TALK TO THE PARENTS OF THE OTHER KIDS!

loves4mama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM

aww im sorry i have no idea on what to do my kids are 4 and 2 with no neighbors really because everyone is moved out.

BUMP

princessesmomma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Heres a bump; idk what to tell you; i had something similar happen to a bff and her long time bff and its still not resolved. i'd love to know how to help her though... because even though shes my bff i know how much her "old" bff ment to her!!!

JESUS Freak, PRO birth bonding, pro LIFE,  PRO breastfeeding, PRO babywearing, PRO CO-SLEEPING, Pediatric Nurse,P/T out of house worker; F/TMommy, Military wife since 2001, Mommy to 4 Angels (1999,2000,2003,2004), Mommy to 3 Beautiful babies (2002,2004,2008), My god son rocks, and Ibelieve non-CIO! LONGING TO ADOPT (older children)! LOVING Fl!

navyNavy wife 2001   playing soccer girlDD#1 2002way to goDD#2 2004toddler girlDD#3 2008come homeDEPLOYED SINCE MAY 09

nurbabe82
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I think the only thing you can do is talk to the parents or put a huge fence up lol. I would try talking to the parents, there is no reason that these kids shouldn't be able to get along. Other than that just have your kids ignore them. Good Luck. 

bupkie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry that you have neighbor's like mine.... It seems the apple didn't fall far from the tree in their yard. Kwim? (You could have been talking about my DS, only substitute a drink... The kid goes "hey, we're having Root beer, come on over.. Then, he won't let my kid have one.. drinks one himself, and says, oh, you can have an apple juice, and tells my other ds... you can't have anything". Just one example for ya.) I would, for now, just avoid going out when they are out, just for a couple days... and let the rotten apples rot in their own yard. Because, ya know what? No one is going to want to play with them much longer if that is how they treat people. (And I say "people" instead of "friends" because they aren't really "friends" to anyone. Real friends don't treat people like that. You don't want them as friends if that is how they are going to be! TIME to focus on finding some NEW friends!!! Anyone else from the neighborhood or school that you can invite over? I tell my boys that "We aren't going to worry about them anymore. If they can't be nice, that is their problem. They are missing out on our friendship. We're not missing out on anything. (And above about how real friends treat each other.)" And just use their behavior as examples of how not to behave. ("Oh, my, that's rude, isn't it??? What could she have done differently?________.) And next year when those kids come over on Halloween, give them really gross snacks! LOL!!!! hahahahah! Kidding... Or am I???/

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Quoting BigOlMommy:

Um... TALK TO THE PARENTS OF THE OTHER KIDS!

CullenLover
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM

call the cops. its harrasment in your own yard. and tell the cops to either talk to the neighbors about watching they're kids or  the next step is a restraining order. sounds harsh but you and your family deserve to be able to play on your property, and i agree. next step is a fence.

honeybee429
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Betty tells me, "Why don't you stop being such a bitch Jessica and shut the hell up. And keep your stupid idiot kids away from my yard."

an 11 yr old said that to you!? holy hell. Im glad she didn't grow up in the neighborhood i grew up in. if i said that to a neighbor, they would have slapped the shit out of me and my mom would have thanked them.

i swear. kids have lost their minds.

but the bullying will never stop. i say find your kids new friends. closer in age.

bupkie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Oh, wait,    Get a nice big bag of these, and put them in a pretty package, all wrapped up, (But take them out of the box, and put them in a decorative canister.... and leave it on their doorstep (when nobody is home).   And say its from a secret admirer... 

Jelly Belly Bean Boozled Candy, 1.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 48)

Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Packs: 24CT Display 

Yeah, that's what I'd do..... heee heee heee...   (Shhhh! Snicker!!!!  I'm such a joker!)  

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:34 AM

First off talk to the parents! If that doesn't help, get the police to come out and confront the kids and thier parents about how this is verbal abuse, harassment and stalking. Next step, use your tax refund and put up a 6ft wooden fence in your backyard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)