Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd Baby in 3 years!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello All,

I am new to cafe mom and actually just joined this group. Within 3 days of doing this I found out I was pregnant again with my 3rd baby. I am very anxious. This was a HUGE uhhoooo. My oldest son just turned 3 and my baby boy just turned 1 both in Oct. It looks like this little one will be here in the middle of July. I'm worried because I do not know if its just because I'm use to being pregnant or what, but I'm not just thrilled. That bothers me. Both pregnancies I was just overjoyed. Do not get me wrong i'm excited. I love babies and my smallest is starting to become a toddler so another baby isn't a hassle. I do not know if its because this one was not planned or what. I hate that I feel this way. Has anyone else ever had these feelings?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I have a feeling in a few months you will be overjoyed.  Right now you are just in shock.  Congrats!

marshaam
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Quoting ajswenson:

I have a feeling in a few months you will be overjoyed.  Right now you are just in shock.  Congrats!

starryeyez23
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I know the feeling...my oldest will be 3 in december.my daughter is 17 months.and my youngest is 2 months.with my youngest i wasnt excited at all untill i started to show

autumnsmommy02
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I did with this baby at first. She wasn't planned and we weren't ready in any way for another baby. Our son was just 5 days away from his 1st birthday when we found out and all I could do was cry.  It took me a really long time to accept and adjust too. It was like the connection wasn't being made in my brain that I was pregnant again.

I think once we found out we were having the lil' girl we hoped for it made a big difference. However having to move and adding the financial side of it all it's still a bit scarey. Not to mention I have a 7 1/2 yr. old high functioning autistic dd that's having problems right now, a 17 mo. old ds that's extremely wild and looking towards adding a new baby. It's overwhelming but I try to keep thinking that it'll all work out somehow.

Good Luck and Congratulations on the pregnancy!

Huntersmommy113
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM

When I found out I was pregnant with my now 3 month old son, my husband and I weren't excited at all. The reason we weren't is because the other two times i was pregnant I miscarried. We just weren't ready to possibly go through another one. I didn't start to get excited until I hit the 3 month mark. I know its not that same as your situation

Oh and I think its really cool that all your babies are that close in age.

KatieFlower
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM

hi momma dont feel guilty about the way you feel. there is alot on your plate right now and its okay to feel that way. the first pregnancy is always the most exciting for everyone. i have 2 boys 2 years and aweek apart and yes it was less exciting the second time around also. but it didnt mean that i didnt care or anything. my second was planned and i just knew what to expect and everything. i am not planning on any more babies but im sure if there was a third it would just feel like every day life being preggy AGAIN.

so hang in there momma!

gregory2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support and that others have felt similar. I'm sure in time the connection will come and I will be excited. I do get excited when I think it could be a lil girl. But another boy..... lord help me... lol. My other two are mad men. Thanks again everyone!

MrsCanCan
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Have you talked with your dr about this? Maybe it has something to do with PPD?

i dont know. just something to think about

texas_robin82
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM

its perfectly normal. I felt that way with this pregnancy. I am 22 weeks and now i am happy about it. both pregnacies actually i was a little worried about if it was right or if i would do anything wrong. its just natural for a mother to worry

Robin

pregnancy

Ari0825
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I know how you exactly feel!

I have a 27 month old, a 4 and 1/2 month old and am about 3 months pregnant.

When I found out that I was pregnant with this baby, all I did was cry. I didn't feel happy like I did with the other two. But, then I heard the heartbeat and I go for an ultrasound in a couple weeks. I am starting to get excited, and the possibility of it being a boy is estatic, as I have 2 girls.

I wish you luck, that connection will come soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)