Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a bloody diaper....please help!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

i just changed my sons diaper(he is 22 months) and he had pooped, and when i wiped his butt there was blood on the wipe....now it was a big hard nugget of poop..(sorry to get soo descriptive) is that what caused the blood? is he going to be okay? he didnt even cry when he pooped...?? he does have a lil rash down there. could it have come from that...im kinda worried! should i call his ped?

has this ever happen to one of your kids

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_MommaB_
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM

poor guy...i never wiped actual blood...i would deffinitely call the doctor and speak to a nurse right away good luck to his poor hiney 

tattoobaby girl-Briana-and-Eliana-

CafeMom Tickers

NoraDun
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Yes it was from the poop. I would start giving him juice or maybe call and ask your doc for some stool softners. I went through this with my olderst and I still am! He is 4 and still will poop such a big and hard stool that he bleeds. Its so sad!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM

yes this has happened to my kids, no cause for alarm.  His poop ball just stretched him a bit too far.  He'll be fine.  As long as he doesn't have BLACK poop a little bright red blood is ok.  If it becomes a regular thing, you should ask your doc for a stool softener maybe.

lilay
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM

When my DD was little she got a diaper rash and it bled. I just treated it like any other diaper rash and it healed fine.

Lilypie

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
rockinmomto2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Yeah, my DD gets like that when she has too much milk. She was getting 3 or 4 cups of milk a day, but now she only gets one, and it's much easier for her to poo. Try to cut down on the milk and cheese that he gets, and see if that helps. Also add some apple juice (if he'll drink it). That will help too! 

MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Could be from the rash, or it could be an anal fissure. That happens to my son all the time.

~Annie~

ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM

My little cousin has had this issue most of her life.  My aunt, who is a RN, started giving her a tablespoon of mineral oil everyday and the problem got much better.  She did this for years.  She told me that what happens is their intestines actually have stretched allowing the poop to get large, while the anus does NOT stretch as easily.  OUCH.  Poor things.

Quoting NoraDun:

Yes it was from the poop. I would start giving him juice or maybe call and ask your doc for some stool softners. I went through this with my olderst and I still am! He is 4 and still will poop such a big and hard stool that he bleeds. Its so sad!

crystalclark
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Quoting NoraDun:

yup, my dd still has this problem too. She has always had hard stools poor thing, and sometimes her little but bleeds a little, but nothing to be concerend about. I wuld just call his pedi if it continues, but doesnt sound like anything to worry about right now. Good luck!

Photobucket
KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I'd say that it was from the rash, if there is not blood in his stool I wouldn't get too worried. He obviously is not in pain. If not from the rash, if he had a big hard poop that could of caused a slight tear(don't know how else to put it) but it is not a huge deal.

texas_robin82
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM

i wouldnt worry unless his next one is the same. My daughter has big hard poohs at times and they can tend to tare the edges of the hole. so u might want to put a little AD on him and his rash and see if that helps..

Robin

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)