Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My forehead feels like Braille.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

Last night, I discovered a small area of bumps on my forehead, near my hairline. There's a ton of them - it's like trying to read Braille up there. They must have just formed, and I don't think they're pimples...they're just bumpy. Is it like a weird rash, maybe? Has anyone ever had this issue? It's a patch about 2 inches across, and maybe a half inch wide, at largest. All bumps.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Is it just a patch of dry skin since the weather has changed?  Maybe you need to use a exfoliator?

Hisservent
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:26 AM

is it itchy? My forhead feels like braile too. The entire forehead, but I'm pregnant so I know it's tiny pimples.  

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, Preg. w/ #2, WAHM.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I have had hairspray do that to me. 

barefootNky113
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM

i have the same feeling thing behind my ear. I've scrubbed, picked, trie to pop them. LOL. finally i made hubby look and he said it loks like dry skin and  i rubed lotion on it and it felt better. LOL!

girl on a swing

McKenzie Lea

MrsCanCan
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM

It can be a variety of things, it can be where you sweat or some condition or shampp i wouldnt worry to much about it unless its getting worse.

elly25
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I have a small patch on the right side of my face by my temple/hair line.I don't know if it's my dry skin or pimples. 

owls

PrydferthMenyw
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM

It almost sounds like you had a reaction to a hair product or have dry skin.  Try washing it with a hypoallergenic product such as plain old Dove and then rinse it really well.  Pat dry, don't rub.  When you wash your hair, do you wrap a towel around your head and keep it on for awhile?  It could also be a reaction to the laundry detergent on the towel.  Try to towel dry your hair right away and not wrap it in the towel until it clears up.  If nothing works or it gets worse then you will want to see your doctor. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

Hisservent
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I remember one time when I used Oil of Olay on my face, a few hours later my face broke out in teeny tiny bumps in the sensitive areas like around my mouth (smile lines) above my lip and both sides of my nose. I knew it came from the lotion, so I washed my face immediately and it was gone within a few hours. Needless to say I no longer use any Oil of Olay products anymore. 

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, Preg. w/ #2, WAHM.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM

This!

Quoting PrydferthMenyw:

It almost sounds like you had a reaction to a hair product or have dry skin.  Try washing it with a hypoallergenic product such as plain old Dove and then rinse it really well.  Pat dry, don't rub.  When you wash your hair, do you wrap a towel around your head and keep it on for awhile?  It could also be a reaction to the laundry detergent on the towel.  Try to towel dry your hair right away and not wrap it in the towel until it clears up.  If nothing works or it gets worse then you will want to see your doctor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)