Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pork chops?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

Anyone got an easy receipe for pork chops???  I usually make shake and bake pork chops... but we are getting sick of them, so I want to surprise my hubby and make something different!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toomanypoodles
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:30 AM

There's always the cream of mushroom soup thing.  Just bake them with a can of soup. 

You can also brown the chops, then lay them in a baking dish, pour the soup over the top, layer a can of green beans over that, layer some tater tots on that, top with grated cheddar cheese and a little sprinkling of french fried onions and bake for a yummy casserole.

We also bake them with a sweet and sour sauce made with 1/4 c catsup, 1/4c brown sugar and a T of lemon juice.  Salt and pepper the chops, slice some onions thin, place on top of the chops, cover with the sauce and bake.   

StaceysMom4706
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM

i do pretty much the same thing for all of my boyfriend's meat (i don't eat red meat, but he says its really good): i just put montreal steak seasoning on it and throw it into the oven. its also really good on chicken.

Alexandria 

jroach
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Grilled pork chops are all I know besides shake and bake. I don't cook much, so sorry not much help. Maybe try looking at some recipe websites.

gogetem
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:08 AM

hmmm.. depends on how you make them... BBQd or on the stove?

iwmoln2120
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:08 AM

marinate them in BBQ sauce then grill them or bake them.

or you can cut them from the bone(if using bone in) in to cube boil them until done then add to mushroom gravy and serve over rice or whatever veg. you like

CafeMom Tickers
PrydferthMenyw
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:12 AM

I prefer mine baked in the oven with just simple spices on top. We like to throw them on the grill with a spicy bbq sauce on top sometimes. We don't eat them that often, but we like a nice pork loin once in awhile. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

Birdsong2
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Stacysmom,  pork chops aren't red meat. 

I rarely make pork chops but when I do it's shake and bake...or I marinate them in Itallian dressing and fry or grill them.

LyndaLoo78
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:50 AM

I brush them with a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and then sprinkle them with an organic no salt seasoner (use what you like salt-n-pepper, garlic, whatever) then bake them at 350 for about 20 minutes.  This has gotten rave reviews by my boyfriend - who doesn't each much pork but found this very tasty. 

~DV Survivor ~ Single Mom of 3 ~ Divorced and Damned Happy About It ~ BM with a the after taste of a former SM ~ Bitch on Wheels ~ Watch Out World Here I Come ~ Love Me or Hate Me - Just Don't Irritate Me ~

~Lynda~

StaceysMom4706
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:03 AM

i know pork isn't red meat, but i don't eat pork either, just poultry and sea food.

Quoting Birdsong2:

Stacysmom,  pork chops aren't red meat. 

I rarely make pork chops but when I do it's shake and bake...or I marinate them in Itallian dressing and fry or grill them.

Alexandria 

bstormsfl
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM

How about some stuffed pork chops? i put a layer on the bottom of a greased baking pan, add the stuffing, put another layer of pork chops, season the top with whatever you like, cover with foil and bake on 350 until done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)