Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to be banned from the supermarket

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

I spent more than I ever have when I went grocery shopping Monday.  I was buying for Thanksgiving besides regular groceries.  So today I stopped again to get some things I missed before, plus lunchmeat for when I have company this weekend. And I saw some cute little things for stocking stuffers for my 4 grandchildren. And the store had some pre-cooked side dishes and main dishes on sale, and when I checked out I discovered I'd spent much much more than I planned. I had the money, but really... and I forgot the one thing on my list that was a must-have.

I know why I do this. I shop after work, and I'm tired and hungry and just want to get the shopping over with, so I don't take time to consider.  Impulse buying. I really need to make a list and stick with it. We'll use all the stuff I bought eventually, but I don't like the amount of money spent.  To shop when I am not hungry and tired would mean making an extra trip, and since we live in the boonies,  I really try not to make more trips than I have to.

Do you have this problem? or are you organized and don't overspend?

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lcbowman
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:07 PM

If I don't take the time to make a list and make myself stick to it yep right there with you.  I have just learned as I got older I can't allow myself to just shop, LOL.  This would be the main reason if I AM just going to shop I take cash, no checkbook, no CC.  That way I can only spend what I can afford.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM

This is really good advice,lcbowman.

Thank you for the reply. I remember just taking enough cash, before I used cc's so much, and it really did keep my spending down.  I hadn't thought of doing that for a while.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)