Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Potty Training Help

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 0 Replies

My 2 1/2 yr old DS won't go potty.  He was doing so well then stopped.  It probably is a number of factors, I'm 9 months pregnant with my second child (my husband's first), my husband just deployed (DS called him Daddy), DS sees his BD every other weekend and BD isn't very good with helping to potty train William and doesn't really tell me anything about it when DS is at his house.  I know a combination of all this could be affecting his potty training but how do I deal with it if it is.  He needs to be potty trained my March when I start school again or he can't go to daycare or preschool and I'll have to get a private sitter for him which would be very expensive, I'm military and live by base so I was going to put him in daycare there because it goes by my husband's rand and pay and we also get a discount while he's deployed.

DS knows how to potty he was doing so good at it and it all started going down right before my hubby left.  I've tried bribing and praising him it doesn't work.  I put him in pull ups and he was doing good with that for awhile.  I really don't have the time to try the naked method cause DS will still go without going to the potty and I don't want to deal with putting real underwear on him (which I already have for him when he's ready) because I won't have the time to deal with his messes when the baby comes and I'm all by myself cause my husband is deployed.  I don't want to punish DS or force him to go because I don't want him to associate anything negative with going potty because then he really won't want to go. 

PLEASE any advice will be appreciated. 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)