Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone gone threw this??... Or know that it may be?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

Yesterday I had a horrible pain in my lower pelvis and was in a ball on the bathroom floor for about an hour. I made a doctors appt and got in right away. So she asked me all of her questions and decided to give me a blood pregnancy test, It came back positive, she decided to send me to the ER for an ultrasound. The ER doctor decided that she wanted to give me another blood test to see where my numbers were. Well needless to say it came back not rpregnant and apparently the lab had messed up. She wanted to follow up with my dr. today and get an ultra sound. So I called and spoke with the nurse and told he everything that happened yesterday and he saud that I has a dip in the blood test from the ER ( the second blood test) but he didn't tell me what the number was or anything....when the ER nurse examined me she said everything felt fine except my uterus felt alittle large.....Could anyone help me and explain if I may be pregnant or what else it could be??....I go to the doctor again on Mon to hopefully have an ultrasound and to see if there are any cysts or anything....PLs help:) I'm soooooo confused.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

sounds like ovarian cysts. i started getting them after i had my son . they come and go and thats all they can do for it is monitor it.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

My moms numbers bounced around alot when she had a tubal time they would say she was pregnant and then the next time they would say she wasn't! This was back in 87. Hers resulted in a ruptured tube! Make sure they do an ultrasound just to be on the safe side! Good luck!

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM

f you had a negative blood test you are probably not pregnant. It sounds like an ovarian cyst to me. I had them on a monthly basis before I got pregnant, and they HURT!!! A lot of times I couldn't get out of bed for days when I had them and my doctors even had to give me Vicodin.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I have ovarian cysts and yes they do hurt!! They come and go. The dr said what happens is they fill with fluid and then the body absorbs the fluid and then the pain goes away. The only thing they told me to do for them is take pain meds, rest and I soak in hot baths. Hope you feel better. AND i had an ultrasound done also and thats when they found them. GL

by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Most likly they are fibroid cysts.  Some woman cannot feel them.  You might get an endoscopy to take them out.

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Sounds like a cyst. Some you can't even feel, but the ones that you do feel freaking hurt! It's normal to get them....make sure that you aren't pregnant in your tubes. Good luck!! 

I love my thing one and my thing two. I believe that children who get dirty tend to be healthier. Becoming a mother has made me into the woman I have always wanted to be. 

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM

There are a several of things that it can be...

1. If the first blood test came back positive (and it was done at your doctor's office) and the second test (if it was done at the ER) came back negative... trust the first one and assume that you ARE pregnant!!! ER's screw up all the time! They order blood work STAT all the time, the lab runs the test in a hurry and end up messing it up or reading the wrong person's results or running the wrong test on the wrong blood. If the ER didn't run an ultrasound, they're idiots!!! When someone goes in with abdominal pain, they need to run an ultrasound to rule out any blockages, growths, etc in order to get a decent diagnosis in the first place!!!

2. If it turns out that you are in fact pregnant... it could be tubal, you could have a blighted ovum (fertilized egg, empty uterus) or late implantation or a high implantation.

3. if it turns out you're not pregnant, several things could cause pain in that region such as: fibroids, cysts, endometriosis, intestinal and gut issues, etc. (I mistook what I later discovered was diverticular pain for very severe menstrual cramps!!)

As for having fibroid cysts.... depending on what your doc recommends... if you find you need to have them removed, you'd more than likely end up having a "laparoscopy" where they go in through your belly button. The difference between that and an endoscopy (I've had both) is that an endoscopy goes through the mouth into the upper GI tract where they scope to diagnose upper GI problems and if necessary, do biopsies of the esophagus, stomach and part of the small intestine. At the end of my endoscopy, I got some cool pictures to take home of my esophagus, stomach and small intestine... All in good shape and ready to be framed... Yup... Anyhooo.... The laparascope, they go in through the belly button and scope the abdominal cavity to look at everything or "explore" to see what the problem is. usually, while the doc is in there, if they see something's going on, they'll take care of it pretty quick. I've had cysts and adhesions removed this way.

Sorry to hear about the pain... Good luck and hope to hear better news soon! Take it easy!

Quoting emarin77:

Most likly they are fibroid cysts.  Some woman cannot feel them.  You might get an endoscopy to take them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)