Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are we like the poorest city in America?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I hate the fact that Baltimore City is too cheap to have school buses. The kids ride the public bus and make the buses super crowded. And the people with little kids have to ride them all the way to school instead of just putting them on the bus.I was just wondering if we were the only city that did that?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I live in a rural area and we don't have public busses but yeah, I wouldn't put my young child on a public bus and send them off to school alone either!

MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:52 PM

NYC school children need to take the subway too

swizzlefiz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM

If we want school bus service in our neighborhood we have to pay $600 a year for it.  I'd never let my kids ride the bus b/c I had horrible experiences as a child w/ bus drivers.  But yeah .... apparently the $2500 a year we pay to the school in property taxes isn't enough for them ... doesn't seem right to me.

nikkiJ86
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Oh okay. I thought we were the only ones.

MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM

i wish our taxes were $2500 a year.. try $9,745 for taxes.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

If we want school bus service in our neighborhood we have to pay $600 a year for it.  I'd never let my kids ride the bus b/c I had horrible experiences as a child w/ bus drivers.  But yeah .... apparently the $2500 a year we pay to the school in property taxes isn't enough for them ... doesn't seem right to me.

swizzlefiz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM

We live in TX .... our total taxes are $4500 but just to the school is $2500 .... I think TX is 1 of the cheaper places to live :)

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i wish our taxes were $2500 a year.. try $9,745 for taxes.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:20 PM

In the city of Boston children take public transportation to and from school starting in K.Buses subway trolley

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 5:50 AM

one of the places i lived in pa didnt have school buses, the kids had to ride public transpo.  I walked instead bc no one taught me how to do the bus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)