Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello..I'm new, but have a pregnancy question

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone..my name is Dawn and I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and I had a question that you might be able to answer. I'm on the overwight side, and this is mine and my husband's first pregnancy. Everyone keeps asking me if I've felt the baby move yet and I don't really know what I'm feeling..I've heard it feels like gas and I've heard its like flutters...which I've felt that so I'm assuming that this is what it feels like when the baby moves, however I seem to feel it more towards the pelvic area more than anywhere else in my stomach, is that normal?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jillysmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Yes, it's normal, It's lower right now because the baby is lower in your body then s/he will be later on. Congrats and welcome

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM

My baby girl moves all over!  I'm on the overweight side as well but I know because of ultrasounds that she is generally hugging my kidneys and I have a bunch of water so that's why I don't feel her move much.    I don't know how to describe the feeling of movement. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It's actually still KINDA early to feel babies, and those flutters and gas bubbles are propbably it!

Especially if your baby is smaller, and you are a littel bigger, it may take a little longer.

BUT, at the end, when that baby ain't got no room, LOL, you will be feeling it for sure. Congrats on the pregnancy, and welcome to CM!! AND AFM!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Join us on

Advice for Moms
Group Mod

CVislosky
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM

That happened to me. When my son first started kicking that's where I felt it. That just means for now your baby is breech because there is still plenty of room to do flips and summersaults. Once the amount of room gets smaller, you'll feel the little feet right up in your ribs...which is very painful.  

Welcome to the group and congrats on the pregnancy. Good luck.

jackieb2811
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM

by 22 weeks you should prob feel something but if your on the overweight side you may have a harder time noticing or there  is a lot of fluid in there! I am small an had twins but still didnt feel the first kicks until about 19 to 20 weeks~!

Congrats on your first little one!!  I am not preg currently lol jst here to help others!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM

stork

Welcome to CafeMom and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Please say hello to the other moms introducing themselves here.  You can add a reply to their post, visit their page and send out friend invitations!   

You may also want to check out this post:
PREGNANCY Info On CafeMom!     

There are lots of Moms talking in our main forum - The Newcomers Club - Active discussion forum.   Feel free to join in - reply to posts and start some posts of your own!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms like you in these Recommended Groups.

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site!

coffee

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

ShipGrl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Wow, I didn't expect such fast responses! :) Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the advice..so far my ultrasounds have all come back perfectly normal and its going to be a boy so the hubby is extremely excited. I'm just relived that he's healthy..God has such a way of blessing us all. Thanks again for the welcome and congrats to all the other mommies and expecting mommies! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)