Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friend lost her 2 month old baby girl to SIDS- UPDATED

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) or crib death is a syndrome marked by the sudden death of an infant that is unexpected by history and remains unexplained after a thorough forensic autopsy and a detailed death scene investigation. The term cot death is often used in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, India, South Africa and New Zealand.

This lady was a old friend whom I haven't actually spoken to in about 2 years. She just had her baby girl back on Sept 2 2009 and she was found Nov 19 in her crib not breathing. I want to show my support but I am not sure what is the best way to do this. She has an Obituary up for people so sign...is that best signed by friends of family or would it be a good jesture to ask other people to sign it and show there support. What do you think? This really just breaks my heart!!!

Well for those of you who think it would be ok to sign the guest book even if you don't know the family here is the website

http://www.jeffressfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/Jeffre1/obit.cgi?user=148124Barksdale#

And if you want to see a picture of this little beauty go to http://www.ohlooknps.com/vbh/centraview2.asp?id=13230

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bellasmom32808
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I got tears in my eyes reading this. I checked my dd every night out of fear that this might happen to us. I still check her every night and she is almost 2. My heart goes out to that family.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM

It can't hurt for strangers to sign it, too. It would be a good thing.

I am so sorry for your friend and her family and friends. This is so tragic.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

nessy1980
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM

My deepest condolenses to the family.  

tere1986
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

My sister baby also died from SIDS last year.. He was only 40 days old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)