Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im 23 and going bald!???!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
im 23 4 1/2 months pregnant and im losing my hair like crazy! i take prenatals and my dr doesnt seem to think anythings wrong. what could it be???? i dont have bald spots...yet lol..please help
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mbrackett
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

amandalissss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Well if you don't have bald spots I wouldn't worry. Is your hair just thinning? Cuz I;m 23 and I  have that problem. I'm on week 16 and have been looking forward to this "long strong hair" people say I'll get and haven't seen any signs of it. Pre-pregnancy I was a smoker for 5 years and that will definitely contribute to hair loss/thinning. If you're really worried about it, Rogaine puts out a shampoo called "Progaine" and it helps grow hair stronger and fuller. But I wouldn't stress too much about it.

his_4vrmomma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM
i was not nor ever a smoker. all blood work normal...but no never had my thyroid checked...i can brush my hair and my brush looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a month...and i can then run my fingers thru my hair and have my hands covered in hair still
mbrackett
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I would ask to have your thyroid checked.  I am 26 and at like 17 I started to lose my hair.  I had my thyroid checked and it was messed up.  Also do you wear a pony tail a lot that will cause hair loss too.

Quoting his_4vrmomma:

i was not nor ever a smoker. all blood work normal...but no never had my thyroid checked...i can brush my hair and my brush looks like it hasnt been cleaned in a month...and i can then run my fingers thru my hair and have my hands covered in hair still

his_4vrmomma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM
i wear my hair up alot but loosely and this happens whether or not my hair is up or down....what do u do to get a thyroid checked??
mamakenzi
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I lost my hair like crazy when I was pregnant, I always lose hair.  I have two times of the year that I lose a bunch of hair at once.  And my thyroid has been checked and it's fine.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

Breegy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM

After having my baby I lost a lot of hair litterly had bold spots. I think it was because of stress too because I had gotten some bad news right at the same time that I started loosing my hair. I started take this stuff called JUS it is liquid vitamins and you only take 1 oz a day. my hair started growing back after 1 week. I would talk to your dr and see if you can take that. it is all natural vitamins so it shouldn't effect the baby but I always sudjest talking to your dr first good luck.

tanya_marieh
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I agree with getting the thyroid checked because it can royally screw with your hair.

Quoting mbrackett:

I would ask to have your thyroid checked.  I am 26 and at like 17 I started to lose my hair.  I had my thyroid checked and it was messed up.  Also do you wear a pony tail a lot that will cause hair loss too.

Quoting his_4vrmomma:

tanya_marieh
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

It's just a blood test and they check your t3 and t4 count.

Quoting his_4vrmomma:

i wear my hair up alot but loosely and this happens whether or not my hair is up or down....what do u do to get a thyroid checked??

Braxmommy14
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I didn't lose hair while I was pregnant, but after I gave birth I lost alot ! I mean it wasn't to the point where other people could tell ... but every time I took a shower or whatever. I have clumps of baby hair now ( my son is 22 months ) that is growing in, its about chin level, but still not long enough to pull back. So maybe its just a pregnancy thing ....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)