Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the worse and best baby shower you've been to?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

I was thinking about a baby shower I was invited to years ago. long story short, I got lost and called the host for directions, and when I got there the mom-to-be was not there and was not going to show up! She ended up in labor that same morning, but instead of postponing the shower everyone showed up and had no clue the mom wasn't there. It was weird going to a baby shower with no mom. Plus, they forgot to order a cake, so there was NO cake. We played a few games but there were NO prizes. We just sat around and stared at each other. The best showers have been MINE lol! Only because I had fun:) Any bad experiences out there????

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fairyshyone
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM

I just went to a baby shower last week and had a blast. We played baby bingo, had a paper plate that we put on our heads and drew a picture of the baby, and had give mom advice cards. Served was cake or cookie and a drink. LOL of course it was alot of our family and they can all be crazy. 

"Worry  looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Faithsmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:20 AM

I hate baby shower games... ok I hate all shower games. So anytime I have to go to one, I just make sure I loose right away... But my Shower was fun, I think everyone else had fun too.  My DD's dad's family hadn't met mine, we got pregnant about a month into dating.  So when it was time for a shower, we did a great big BBQ boys and girls invited.  no games, but we had people right thoughts and pieces of wisdom for us.  And I gotta say they guys really bucked up with that one.  They really had some gems of advice.  It was great.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:56 AM

The best was mine of course haha With my second child. We had it at a tea house. It was very classy and nice. Custom teas, lovely food and desserts. It was simple elegance.

The worst was my friends. Everything looked like she threw up purple and green. It was like Barney exploded. It was really bad. Plus I hate hate HATE all the baby games. It's so awkward for me. I like party games, just not the ones at a baby shower. It's always the same 4 over and over!

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Right?! LOL

At mine, I had a scrapbook and everyone wrote a note to the baby and a a piece of advice or note to me. I loved that! We didn't play any games at any of my showers and I was so grateful lol We just gave out parting gifts to everyone who came instead of handing out "prizes".

Quoting Faithsmomma:

I hate baby shower games... ok I hate all shower games. So anytime I have to go to one, I just make sure I loose right away... But my Shower was fun, I think everyone else had fun too.  My DD's dad's family hadn't met mine, we got pregnant about a month into dating.  So when it was time for a shower, we did a great big BBQ boys and girls invited.  no games, but we had people right thoughts and pieces of wisdom for us.  And I gotta say they guys really bucked up with that one.  They really had some gems of advice.  It was great.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Most of the ones I've been to were just OK. Not particularly fun or dull.  I gave one for my DIL and invited 15 ladies. I had to call her to ask about her mother and sisters, since they didn't respond. They were all coming, then the day of the party one of the sisters decided not to come. So we had 6 people there. It was still a classy party, but I'd bought for many more in my planning.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)