Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simple Poll: How long have you been married?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM
  • 51 Replies

Question: How long have you been married?

1 year (or less)

2 years

3 years

4 years

5 years

6 years

7 years

8 years

9 years

10 years

11-15 years

15-20 years

20+ years

I'm divorced.

I never married.

Other (explain below).

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 182

View Results

Is marriage everything you thought it would be?

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Ummm for the most part yes...  We get along great, we have fun together when we get the chance to be alone etc.  The only thing that sucks is that the hubby works so damn much (24hr shifts) that we hardly see eachother or get to spend time together.  I guess thats one thing that I didn't really think about before we got married.  Oh well :)

Marriage is hard and it does take work... but I will say that it is soooo worth it!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM

5 years as of November 27th :o)

It hasn't been what I thought it would be. It's been better! We have been together for almost 10 years though. So we have a pretty good routine down thus far. It's hard sometimes, but that's to be expected. Life is good :o)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM

We just celebrated 10 yrs of marriage!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Is marriage everything you thought it would be?

My first marriage was a disaster. My husband had a drug and alcohol problem that I was totally unaware of. He lied to me. He stole from me. He denied he had a problem even after he was picked up for buying crack. He claimed the police planted it on him. When a collections agency called me about a $10,000 credit card debt and I told them I didn't know what they were talking about, they laughed at me. I was alone, in serious debt and feeling totally betrayed and lost. I filed for divorce, dodged all of the creditors and worked 3 jobs while trying to move on with my life.

Here I am married for the second time for 19 years and this marriage is everything I could have imagined and then some. I learned a lot from my first marriage especially to appreciate someone as wonderful as my husband. He loves me unconditionally, tells me he loves me and I am beautiful 10 times a day and works so hard for his family. Even when our daughter was born with medical problems and during these extremely difficult economic times our marriage has gotten stronger. I thank God every day for my husband.

I would like to invite you to join THE COOKING CAFE. It's all about Food, Fun & Friends. Swap recipes, share ideas, ask questions or just hang out. We have a RECIPES section divided into categories to make it easy for our members to find what they are looking for. It's an awesome group and we would love for you to join us.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

It'll be 6 years in a few month and I would say that I'm happy with him about 98% of the time. We have our spit spats once in a while but those are too far and few between that I can't even remember the last time we were in an argument.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM

My marriage is everything I could have ever possibly imagined and then some. 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I voted 2 years because its over 1 year...Almost 2 It will be in march. Marriage is great honestly. We grow more and more each day. Finally realizing dreams and happy I have someone to do that with. Is marriage everything I thought it would be? I really went into it with no expectations my mom had 2 horrible marriages so I really had nothing to go off of. My grandparents loved each other but he drove over the road so was hardly home. So I have went into my marriage striving to make it better than my mothers two.

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

by Christy on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

in 27 days, it will be 7 years. It has been so much more than I imagined. Its incredible and I feel so blessed everyday to have him to share my life with.  

Proud mom of Dylan, 6 years old, EH'd in a Britax Regent and Trinity, 3 years old,RF in a Britax Marathon.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:51 AM

DH and I were together for nearly five years before we got married, living together for four of those years. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into LOL.

As far as "everything I imagined," well...I guess when I was a kid I had a totally different idea of what marriage was all about.  The romantic notions of a teen weren't exactly fulfilled--but the reality isn't so bad. ;)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I have been married 25 years.  At times its been a little tougher than I thought, but we got married to stay married.  We knew that for sure and have a huge committment to each other.  I think a lot of marriages today that are short just don't make an effort or they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)