Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depressed?? Should I take meds????

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I don't know for sure but I might be depressed...or at least I think so.  I have so much going on right now that I am constantly busy.  Lets start off by saying that I have a hubby whom I've been married to for 2 1/2 years now.  I love him so much but I feel like a single mom, a lot!  He's a paramedic, works 24 hr shifts with a lot of overtime...ex: he's off tomorrow but will go to work @ 6am on Wednesday and not get home till Sunday morning.  Granted thats not how it is all the time put pretty often.  Then I have 2 beautiful little boys.  Kory is 23 months old and Keegan is 6 months old.  They are both a handle full.  Then there is the job... I work full time for best buy as a supervisor.  I just took over a new position where I run Computers, all of Media/mp3/gaming, cameras and camcorders,  musical instruments and car audio.  Wayyyyy too much for 1 person to supervise.  I took is over a little over a month ago and am failing so bad.  I have a sucky ass manager who didn't teach me anything and I was just kind of thrown into this position.  Before that, I ran operations (customer service and front lanes).  I was damn good at my job then too! 

So anyways, now I hate my job because I feel like I'm horrible at it and its so damn stressful.  I constantly am thinking about work to where I can't sleep.  I am always bringing work home with me which I told myself I would never do.  My managers are always all over me and it just sucks.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that I have a job but now I feel like its not worth it.  I would totally quit but we need me to have my job.  I'm constantly irritable torwards my husband and my kids.  My hubby even told me the other day that I'm not the same person.  I am always yelling at my 2 yr old and I feel really bad about it.  On my days off, I don't even feel like playing with my kids cause I'm always just so tired. 

So there it is... I'm always tired, I hate my job cause I feel like I'm bad at it now, I never see my kids or the hubby, I have a babysitter whom I dont completely trust but I can't aford anything else, oh, the hubby and I hardly ever have sex...probably cause I feel like a cow,  I try to have a glass of wine almost every night when I get home from work to take the edge off, I dont even like to smile right now cause I have a small cavity on one of my front teeth (scared of dentist and dont have the time to go), I now have half the hair I use to have (as one guy at work put it... "You use to have Pantene commercial hair")...  So... Do I take happy meds for this or no???

Thanks for letting me vent ladies...

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Faithsmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:49 AM

My goodness, you're dealing with alot!!!  There's always a possibility of post pardem depression, I was diagnosed when my DD was 18mo old.  Other than that, I would suggest trying to cut some of your hours back... Plus, I'm sure your hubby makes pretty good money, is there a way to cut into the budget so that you don't have to work or at least not work full time.  You'd be amazed at how much you would be saving, not having to drive to and from work, the babysitter, ect.  I think you probably have too much on your plate.  And yes you could be depressed, but I wouldn't jump straight to happy pills.  The side effects can be just as annoying. Not to mention figuring out the right dosage for you.  It took me over a year to find the right meds, and dosage. And I stopped taking them because I got myself into counsiling to learn to cope with things better.  So I don't even know if the pills ever really helped.  Good luck, and don't hesitate to speak up, to your family, your hubby.  Lots of hugs. 

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM

You said everything I was going to type out. Haha. 

I also think that the Holidays can add a lot of underlying stress as well.

Quoting Faithsmomma:

My goodness, you're dealing with alot!!!  There's always a possibility of post pardem depression, I was diagnosed when my DD was 18mo old.  Other than that, I would suggest trying to cut some of your hours back... Plus, I'm sure your hubby makes pretty good money, is there a way to cut into the budget so that you don't have to work or at least not work full time.  You'd be amazed at how much you would be saving, not having to drive to and from work, the babysitter, ect.  I think you probably have too much on your plate.  And yes you could be depressed, but I wouldn't jump straight to happy pills.  The side effects can be just as annoying. Not to mention figuring out the right dosage for you.  It took me over a year to find the right meds, and dosage. And I stopped taking them because I got myself into counsiling to learn to cope with things better.  So I don't even know if the pills ever really helped.  Good luck, and don't hesitate to speak up, to your family, your hubby.  Lots of hugs. 

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I am sorry that you are feeling so tired and blue.  Talk with your doctor. Sometimes anemia or other medical problem can affect our energy and moods. so get checked out physically to rule out physical problems first.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)