Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY? (pregnancy question)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

WHY is it that I ALWAYS wake up cramping really bad, with a bad backache and about %75 of the time lately, a migraine as well?!

The cramping comes and goes throughout the day usually but I just find it very strange that it never fails here in this 3rd trimester-I keep waking up with really bad cramps!

The backache also comes and goes throughout the day. It's more coming the going, but just seems to be stronger first thing of a morning.

And the migraines, well usually they go away shortly after I get up and around, but the days they don't (which seems to be more and more often) they are ALL day.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NewSAHMto2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I don't know hun, but here's a bump for you.

lexismum03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM

It could be hormones causing the headache and Braxton hicks contractions.  

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

kemmerer411
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM

IDK. But did you talk to your Dr about it? When I had really bad headaches during pregnancy I didnt tell my doc cuz I thought it was just a random thing. But when I finally did speak up about it the doc got pretty upset at me for not telling her sooner. Said its a sign of pre-e. So maybe you should ask??

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM

How do you sleep? On your back.. your sides? If you don't already, try sleeping on your left side. You could be getting headaches due to poor blood flow.. You could be crampy due to BH or maybe dehydration.. are you drinking lots of water? If not.. do so.. And if these things don't help.. or you're already doing them.. I'm sorry.. I have no more help.. Maybe call your OB and see what he/she has to say! Good Luck.

tbursac777
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Headaches are a sign of preeclampsia, talk to your dr. i use to get migraines and sure enough about 36 weeks diagnosed with preeclampsia.. talk to your dr! sorry mama! you're almost there! hang in there! then you will be getting up every 2-3 hrs for feedings!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Christina5l
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Honestly I would call your doctor about it.

miss_hughes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I haven't talk to my midwife about it. It started since I've seen her last (3-4 weeks now, she's been out of the office) but I have mentioned the cramps and other things (when they weren't coming at a pattern of every morning, but just everyday, or every other day) and she just blew it off as it being part of pregnancy. She didn't really look into it or anything. She isn't the best midwife, and has had a complete attitude change (for the worse) lately and I just don't care to even try talking with her. She makes me feel stupid among other things. But It's too late to switch to a new midwife or even an OB (i've tried-no one will take me). So I'm stuck with her

Quoting kemmerer411:

IDK. But did you talk to your Dr about it? When I had really bad headaches during pregnancy I didnt tell my doc cuz I thought it was just a random thing. But when I finally did speak up about it the doc got pretty upset at me for not telling her sooner. Said its a sign of pre-e. So maybe you should ask??

miss_hughes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I try to sleep on my sides. I do wake up many times throughout the night on my back though. I think I wake up because I know i'm on my back and it parinoys me. So I roll over and go back to sleep. And I drink as much water as I can.

Quoting LovinMy2Girlz:

How do you sleep? On your back.. your sides? If you don't already, try sleeping on your left side. You could be getting headaches due to poor blood flow.. You could be crampy due to BH or maybe dehydration.. are you drinking lots of water? If not.. do so.. And if these things don't help.. or you're already doing them.. I'm sorry.. I have no more help.. Maybe call your OB and see what he/she has to say! Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)