Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please ladies Just a little bit of your ideas!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

My son will be having his ninth B-day party. I would like some scavenger hunt ideas. Thanks!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
submissive09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Nobody has ideas?

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Ok this is easy and very cool.You will need a camera for each group.How many kids are you having? divide them into groups. Make a list of things they need to find.Make it fun and a little bit hard. can you walk to alot of places or not? we did one were we put hints  of things to find.then we had 4 drivers that drove the kids.they took pictures of most of the things.For instance we have a horse statue in our town.They had to find it from the clues and take a picture of it.other things they went door to door and asked for.Unusual things like Bobbie pin, a take out menu,a building that had greek architecture.(columns with triangle(2 diff churched did) Then when they got back we put each camera on the comp and matched the pictures up.there was a 1 hour time limit.The one that got the most off the list got $5 dollar gift cards to mcDs.It was funny to see how they interpreted the Clues. Some pics were way off.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

submissive09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Probably like 20 -30 kids. I was thinking a door to door type thing. Thanks for the ideas. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Ok this is easy and very cool.You will need a camera for each group.How many kids are you having? divide them into groups. Make a list of things they need to find.Make it fun and a little bit hard. can you walk to alot of places or not? we did one were we put hints  of things to find.then we had 4 drivers that drove the kids.they took pictures of most of the things.For instance we have a horse statue in our town.They had to find it from the clues and take a picture of it.other things they went door to door and asked for.Unusual things like Bobbie pin, a take out menu,a building that had greek architecture.(columns with triangle(2 diff churched did) Then when they got back we put each camera on the comp and matched the pictures up.there was a 1 hour time limit.The one that got the most off the list got $5 dollar gift cards to mcDs.It was funny to see how they interpreted the Clues. Some pics were way off.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Cool so divide them into 6 groups of 5.make up flyers ahead of time and put them in youe neighbors doors Alerting them to the fact you are doing a scavenger hunt.that way people wont be surprised and will be willing to help.Print out a list of items (try to think of things they wont need to return)

Bobbie pin

character band aid

bendy straw

penny

purple crayon

piece of pink ribbon

a salt packet (from takeout food)

toothpick~colored one

sports page from local paper

safety pin

reciept from grocery store

things that people will likely have but kids will need to find.Have fun you could have a blast with this.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

submissive09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Thank you so much.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Cool so divide them into 6 groups of 5.make up flyers ahead of time and put them in youe neighbors doors Alerting them to the fact you are doing a scavenger hunt.that way people wont be surprised and will be willing to help.Print out a list of items (try to think of things they wont need to return)

Bobbie pin

character band aid

bendy straw

penny

purple crayon

piece of pink ribbon

toothpick~colored one

safety pin

things that people will likely have but kids will need to find.Have fun you could have a blast with this.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I would  enlist certain neighbors to do this and have a balloon on the mailbox of the neighbors who are participating. Not everyone is going to want to do it or bother with it. Think of the crabby neighbors who hate Halloween type thing lol I would also give the neighbors the list ahead of time to make sure they actually HAD the items.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Bobbie pin

character band aid

bendy straw

penny

purple crayon

piece of pink ribbon

toothpick~colored one

safety pin

praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:30 AM

When I was his age, our youth group did something called "Bigger and Better".  The adult gave each group a penny, and we went door to door trading what we had for something "bigger and better".  We took the item we got for the penny, and traded that for "bigger and better".  We had a time limit and all the groups met back up at a central location and whomever had the biggest item won.  Our group came back with a swingset! lol

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That's awesome

Quoting praisinghim2day:

When I was his age, our youth group did something called "Bigger and Better".  The adult gave each group a penny, and we went door to door trading what we had for something "bigger and better".  We took the item we got for the penny, and traded that for "bigger and better".  We had a time limit and all the groups met back up at a central location and whomever had the biggest item won.  Our group came back with a swingset! lol

Advice for Moms ~ Group Moderator
xChasingxAmyx
I rarely give you *just* my 2 cents. It's more like a buck fifty.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I'd suggest arranging with the neighbors beforehand so that they know what to expect and so that you know they are willing. I wouldn't want children showing up on my doorstep asking for stuff when I was busy.  And as an incentive and reward, invite the participating neighbors to a barbecue at the end of the party. You'll have a lot of children there already, to have a few extra neighbors should be fun. :)

edited to add: I love the trade the penny for something better idea. :)

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

iluvmy3bratboys
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM

hold on I'll be right back with a link to a website that is geared only towards scavenger hunts for various ages.... I used it for my teen and they had a ton of fun (of course we used one geared toward teens LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)