Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM... what do yu do when you are sick?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

ive come down with a bug quickly. i mean it is moving fast & really strong. i have an 18month old & a 3 month old. what do you do when you are the caregiver & there is no ne to help you out with the kids? my husband is not sick, but cant take the day off unles he is sick himself. i think im doing everything i can. probably a dumb question, because theres not much to do in my situation. but any advise?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM

do only what absolutely needs to be done.When the children nap you lay down and take it easy.There isnt much else you can do.Hopewfully when your husband gets home he will help with the kids.You'll be able to go to bed.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

alwaysyoung
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I am lucky, if i absolutely can not do it myself my hubby will stay home from work. He has done this a couple of times.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:57 AM

My hubby will usually stay home and work from home or just take the day(s) off completely. If that isn't do-able, my parents live all of 30 seconds away and they take the kids so I can rest. If neither of those two options are feasable, I just tough it out. Sleep when the kids sleep and have hubby come home early.  I always have a handful of friends who will take the kids too. I am very lucky!

milenko_chick
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I was sick just last week and I kept my hand sanitizer with me constantly. That and I washed my hands like crazy. I still had to take care of my son I just tried not to get too close to him unless I needed to(diapers, feeding, etc.).

"What is necessary is never unwise."

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I haven't been sick for a LONG time. It was just my then 1 1/2 yo. I laid on the floor ALL DAY and she watched movies and I drank orange juice and just laid there lol. She was pretty forgiving.

I assume it would be similar with 2 kids. Just put the gates up, throw some food at 'em and watch movies all day.

If you mean precautions, I guess the standard washing hands and sanitizer... Feel better mama!

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 AM

HAHAH You always crack me up with something you write.. always!

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I haven't been sick for a LONG time. It was just my then 1 1/2 yo. I laid on the floor ALL DAY and she watched movies and I drank orange juice and just laid there lol. She was pretty forgiving.

I assume it would be similar with 2 kids. Just put the gates up, throw some food at 'em and watch movies all day.

If you mean precautions, I guess the standard washing hands and sanitizer... Feel better mama!

Advice for Moms ~ Group Moderator
xChasingxAmyx
I rarely give you *just* my 2 cents. It's more like a buck fifty.

Butterflysky_24
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 AM

when my son was about 6 months i got a bad stomach flu and i basically laid in bed all day and he just played in the playpen. i got up to change and feed him, and then got back in bed. i was so sick i could barely move but i had to at least change and feed him. my hubby had to work and wasn't much help when he came home. i would say just sit there and if its not a fun day for ur kids oh well. take care of their basic needs and other than that just let them play by themselves and drink lots of tea and eat chicken soup and get well soon!!

feel better

mom0609
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM

carry out the same routine taking meds and sanitizing everything

gypsydancer7
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Same exact thing here too.

Quoting xChasingxAmyx:

My hubby will usually stay home and work from home or just take the day(s) off completely. If that isn't do-able, my parents live all of 30 seconds away and they take the kids so I can rest. If neither of those two options are feasable, I just tough it out. Sleep when the kids sleep and have hubby come home early. I always have a handful of friends who will take the kids too. I am very lucky!

dosthepost
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I just had to deal with it. It sucks, sure... but make sure you wear a mask and wash your hands A LOT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)