Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8mo questions (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

What table foods/finger foods can you give?

How many naps and for how long?

Sippy cup help (he gets it to his mouth but chews on it)

What kind of schedule?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • fruits, veggies, egg yolks, cheerios, anything non-allergenic cut into small pieces
  • two naps each for about an hour, but my kid is different than yours 
  • didn't try it till closer to 10 months 
Valerie429
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Finger Foods: fruits, veggies, hot dogs (cut up real small) cereal puffs, yogurt melts (gerber graduates foods are awesome.

Naps: usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon

Sippy Cup: Mine did the same thing for a while.  Your little one is probably teething and the cold liguid through the nipple feels good on his teeth.  I would keep letting him have he will eventually get the hang of it and in the meantime you got a built in teether.

Schedule: I let my daughter sort of make her own schedule and then I stuck her to it.  Everyon does something different though.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM

My kids both made their own schedules...

At that age my kids were eating whatever we did. I started them on homemade baby food at 6 months and by about 7 or 8 they were feeding themselves.... Buckwheat pancakes, cut up fruit, steamed veggies, salmon, turkey, chicken, beans, whole grain pasta and toast etc.

They took two naps at that age. In the morning, and one at 1pm.

I can't help with sippy cups... I breastfeed and they both drank from straws with no problem at 6 or 7 months. Just a little cup with some water.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

MarchMarie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I give him soft veggies and fruits cubed... any of the gerber graduates "crawler" foods... club crackers (because they are soft and only one a day because of the sodium)...  cheerios. He HATES being spoon fed so we pretty much skipped that all together.

Depends on the day as far as naps go... either one in the morning for about an hour and one in the pm for an hour ... or one right in the middle of the day for two hours.

I give him a regular cup at snacktimes when he is in his high chair and just help him to get him use to it. Then I have a straw style sippy for the rest of the time. He is breastfed and never really got the hang of regular sippy/bottle sucking.

we dont really live on a schedule at all.. he gets up roughly at 7, naps at some point between 9-11 and 3-5 (or at some point between noonish-4 if he is just going to have one long one) Bath around 7 or 8 and bed shortly after (hopefully) Meals... breastfed on demand, one snack in the morning when I have breakfast and another slightly larger one in the evening when I have dinner.

CafeMom Tickers

I'm a 22 year old, married, conservative Momma, with just a hint of CRUNCH!
Learn it, Love it, Live it!

Crissy2424
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Hello! My daughter will be 9 months in 6 days. My daughter eats those puffs that say they are for crawlers, but she has 4 teeth so she is fine. Even when she had 2 1/2 teeth she did good. I just put them on her tray in her high chair and she will pick them up and eat them. She will cough if she doen't chew it right, but they dissolve so she can't choke on them. As for naps, she has decided on her own when she wants to nap. Generally, she will nap about 2 times a day for an hour to an hour and a half. As for a schedule, she makes her own. She will stay awake a lot and just play with toys, watch TV or have us help her to walk around the house (she is currently set on learning to walk). She just recently got a new set up sippy cups. They are not soft so she is likely not to chew on them. However she can sip out the formula as she likes. I got them from Walmart....here is a picture: (if you wanna pm me, feel free!)

savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Wow it's awesome that most of you are able to get an hour/hour and a half nap.  I'm lucky to get two twenty minute naps!  We gave him his first table foods on thanksgiving and now that's all he wants.  I've given him bread and vanilla wafers.  I've just been to scared to give much else. I guess really part of it is he is growing up so fast and I don't want to admit it.  Thanks for the help ladies.  Any other advice would be great.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)