Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just noticed..

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

my MIL took some of my stuff out of my hutch and put some other stuff in that is hers from her house..she has mentioned my hutch is done right all nice china is suppose to go in it..I tell her I like it the way it is..I have all glasses from places we have gone suvanier glasses and stuff like that...I think next time she is over I am going to ask her if that stuff is her and if she put it in there..if she says yes I am going to make it clear to her to keep her hands out of my hutch and keep her shit out of it cause I dont want it. She is always doing that stuff to me..when we first moved into my house she would move stuff around in 1 room the way she wanted it and thought it looked better..I would move it back around...I am finally going to open my mouth and speak up...I dont like to speak my mind but once I get to a certain point I just do it..I hold it in til I explode..probably not a good thing to do but I have always done that I think it goes back to when I lived with my real mother and her boyfriend..I pretty much got in trouble for even talking so I think that is why I hold it all in. I am going to mention it to my husband tonight when he gets home and ask him if he put the stuff in there..I dont want to jump to conclusions but I am almost 100% sure if was her..I took the stuff out of the hutch and put my other stuff back where I had it. I find it rude to do that in peoples houses..if it is not your house dont touch other peoples things...I dont even do that in my parents house or my MILs house and I expect the same respect in my ouw house.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

It is frustrating when someone thinks they know better what should be in our house.  Perhaps thanking her politely and saying that although you appreciate how kind she was to give you the plates and to do the arranging, it isn't what you want.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM

OMG!  Sounds like my mil LOL!  Put her shit in a box and put your stuff back out!  Next time she is over say "HOW STRANGE!!  You seem to have left this stuff here!" Give her the box.  lol!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM

My MIL liked to rearrange my kitchen drawers.  As soon as she would leave, I'd undo what she did and put things back the way I liked them. One time she noticed that I had done this and she said You LIKE it like this? I said yes I do, and she never did it again.

One time she started removing all of my flatware leaving only 4 of each piece, like she had at her house. I said Please don't take those out, I need them. She said No you don't, there are only 4 of you. I said but I have a dishwasher! I need more than four or each.  She then returned them all to the drawer. :(

EdgeOfSanity
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM

That would irritate me. Next time you go over there, rearrange her medicine cabinet. Maybe she'll get the hint. lol

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I took the stuff out of my hutch and put it away and will mention it to my MIL when she is here next time..I asked my husband about it he said he didnt put the stuff in there. I told him it was his mom then and she needs to stop doing that cause it is not her place.

nokesmomof2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM

im glad my mother in law rarely visits and when she does she never touches anything. hope you get your point across :)

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM

OMG...The stories I hear from you gals about your in laws are crazy, lol.  I hope my dil appreciates me ;)  

BaileynMe
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I absolutely wouldn't let her come to my house if she wasn't going to respect my stuff. That's ridiculous and juvenile. 

deann66
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM

My mom use to do that. She never meant any harm. It was "helping" in her mind. There were times I had to call and ask where things were. She rearranged furniture and cleaned and reorganized. I never minded tho...it was a joke in our family. Once she was at my sisters for a week or so and asked her hubby to move the fridge to where it "made more sense" and he procrastinated. They came home one day and my mom had it where she wanted it. Did I mention she did this from a wheelchair with one leg? She was amazing. Shes gone now. I wish she was here to mess everything up now.

Try to talk nice to her about things that bother you. It would be hard on your hubby to be stuck in the middle of the two women he loves most. :( And when shes gone do you want him to ever regret any time with her?

momoftwins240
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Oh hell to the no!  Nobody, including in-laws better ever try that shit with me.  This is my house and things will be my way.  You don't like it, tough shit, go home! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)