Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have temper tantrums?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do we have tantrums and is it ok to freak out in front of the kids? When a child has a tantrum its usually because they have a strong opinion and cannot relay it to us in any way other than to yell scream and kick?

So what do we do when we have strong opinions and lose it? Is it a temper tantrum?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diablo51987
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I guess I throw temper tantrums, my husband is a jerk sometimes and the only way to get thru to him is to scream sometimes. When I was prego I had a lot of them because everything got me mad. I dont throw myself on the floor and start kicking or anything. I guess I would say I call it more of yelling.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I don't throw fits in front of my kids. I only freak out online haha. I am much more level headed in person. 

mygardenia
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Yes I have them. Lol. Rarely but they do come around. I am learning to walk away from the kids and my husband when they happen and just cool off. It's easier said than done but I'd rather not in front of the kids and I'd rather not say anything hurtful to my husband....especially in front of my kids. If you freely have a tantrum instead of trying to control it, then the kids may do the same. Monkey see monkey do.

I love my thing one and my thing two. I believe that children who get dirty tend to be healthier. Becoming a mother has made me into the woman I have always wanted to be. 

mz_erica03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM

OMG an adult temper tantrum sounds like a good stress reliever.... Hmmm....

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I try not to in front of my kids. However if the need arises and I have to scream than I will do so. It takes a lot to get to that point though. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Oh, man. Both my Dh and myself have horrible tatrums lol. No wonder my kids are rotten!

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I admit that my kids have pushed me to the brink . . . and beyond. 

screaming 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I had a temper tantrum in Hawaii on my honeymoon.  We'd booked a rental car MONTHS in advance and when we got there they wanted a credit card w/ at least $500 available on it as a refundable deposit.  Well all our cards were maxed out from our wedding so I told them to use the debit card, which has a visa logo ... just run it as credit.  They said no, they can't do that.  So I told them to take my to an ATM and I'll get them $500 cash for the deposit and they said no, has to be credit ..... I pitched a huge fit ... knocked over a trash can while throwing away my reservations.  Fortunately the other car rental place was awesome, cheaper and required no deposit above the cost of the rental.  I try to be nice but they really pushed me!

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I'd say if we get mad or frustrated and lose control that it is a tantrum.  When I get mad or frustrated I almost always can keep functioning.  Then I think about my options and take action if I can or complain to myself or my husband if I can't.

EdgeOfSanity
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Unfortunately yes, and my kids have witnessed it. I'm only human and we all have our days. I just remember to talk to my girls when I've calmed down and appologize to them for having to see it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)