Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to stay motivated and lose weight, but need some advice

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so here is the thing, I have lost about 30lbs since last year.  When I first started out I was working and being active all day long including walking over an hour to get home every couple of days since I had no car.  Since I stopped working I have gained about 7lbs. Thats in the last two months.  now my eating habbits are the same, not changed whatsoever but I am not anywhere near as active as I have been.
Also I spent two weeks sick and sitting on my butt. 
I want to work out but have a few things I cannot do.  I cant do gym because those cost money monthly and we dont have the extra cash to pay for it.  It is raining at least 5 out of 7 days, and I am talking streets flooding with giant puddles raining.  I cannot take my three year old daughter outside in the rain either it is also WAAAY to cold to keep my daughter out side for over an hour so I can walk.  Too cold and and I dont have a stroller to put her in.  I also cant affored to put her in daycare(if I could I would do that and be looking for a job on foot).
I have no treadmill and my WII fit is getting boring.  I am confined to doing things in my house, we aren't a messy family and it doesnt take much to clean the house especailly since I am cleaning it every day.  I cant keep myself motivated to keep up with excersizing, I tried to do a group post on one of my groups but everyone kinda quit on me.

So I need new ideas on what I can do, and how I can stay motivated to keep up with it?
I know I can lose the weight, I just need to be able to do something at home that will keep me interested.  Also I am wondering if anyone would like to be my cyber workout buddy, if i have someone to answer to maybe I will be more inclined to keep it up KWIM?

So anyone have any ideas?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I need some motivation too.  Maybe we can help each other out. 

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Oh, I bought the new "Biggest Loser" game for Wii and I am going to try it out today.  I will let you know how it is.

lundaylove
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

my favorite group is doing a biggest loser challenge. we are all trying to lose weight so we all decided we'd work together and do it. we keep each other accountable and we have resources that help us out for working out. for me i do exercisetv on demand workouts if you dont have it, you can download them online at exercisetv.com i dont eat any red meat, i dont eat fast food or drink sodas and i eat lots of fruits and veggies and lots of water. i stay away from ice cream borwnies,etc. and no white breads or pastas! only whole wheat. ive lost 25lbs since May doing all this.

Join Today- click on siggie!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)