Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how old is too old?....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

how old is to old for kids to be taking a bath toghter i mean a boy and a girl my son is 4 and dd is 2 and ppl has told me there to old to be taking a bath toghter and i want other moms opinions and ds is starting to notice that dd has different body parts and is asking questions and i did explain to him that boys and girls have different body parts but he keeps asking questions and i really dont know what else to tell him

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM

My 3 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter still take baths together. And they know they have different bits. My son loves to talk about his weenie and how only him and his daddy have one. It's natural for them to be curious. I'm not sure how long I will let them continue to bathe together.  

CafeMom Tickers
Krysta622
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I don't think that just because they are asking questions about the difference means it's time to stop.  Once either or both kids tell you that they are uncomfortable, then you should stop. 

truely914
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I agree with this.  It's just like my daughter won't let me in now when she uses the bathroom.  They do let you know when they are ready for separationsand individual private  time.  Mine still enjoy taking a bathe together and playing.

Quoting Krysta622:

I don't think that just because they are asking questions about the difference means it's time to stop.  Once either or both kids tell you that they are uncomfortable, then you should stop. 

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I have no idea but I know my mom has pictures of me and my brother .... he was 6 and I was 1 in the tub together ... of course that was 26 years ago.  Now days you can't even take pics of your kids in the tub or you have to worry about CPS!

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM

IMO by the time they are 4 or 5.  You don't want him going to school and telling people that he baths with his sister.  He could get teased.

ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM

My brother is 2 years younger than I am. And I think I was about 6 or 7 when we stopped bathing together. 

mhmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I just stopped bathing my kids together.  My daughter is 6 1/2 and my son is almost 4.  I don't remember why we stopped.  i think it just kind of happened.  My son is home with me and my daughter goes to school.  She has to have a shower at night.  My son can shower whenever.  I think is what happened.  Kids are naturally curious, there is nothing wrong with them asking questions.   Good luck.

mygardenia
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I agree. My son is 1 and my daughter is 3 and they bathe together. They know all about their parts. I don't know either when that will stop...I think my instinct will tell me that....don't worry what people think...just follow your instincts.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

My 3 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter still take baths together. And they know they have different bits. My son loves to talk about his weenie and how only him and his daddy have one. It's natural for them to be curious. I'm not sure how long I will let them continue to bathe together.  

I love my thing one and my thing two. I believe that children who get dirty tend to be healthier. Becoming a mother has made me into the woman I have always wanted to be. 

kcook55
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:58 PM

my daughter has never asked questions but than again she hasn't been talking for very long maybe 2 months or so and my son sees her running around alot with just panties sometimes less since I'm potty training her but i do know they really enjoy taking a bath together if one is in the bath the other has to be and it is easier since I'm a single mom and i dont remember when my mom stopped letting me take baths with my brothers

Quoting mygardenia:

I agree. My son is 1 and my daughter is 3 and they bathe together. They know all about their parts. I don't know either when that will stop...I think my instinct will tell me that....don't worry what people think...just follow your instincts.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)