Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another child?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
So as I expected over Thanksiving the question of when r u having another child came up. Dd is one and a half. I answered how I prepared myself by saying when dh is ready we will talk. Well dh is ready and I don't think I am and not sure I ever will be. I nver wanted an only child but dd has been very spirited, actgive and needy since birth. I am enjoying the sleep that I missed for a year. I am really afraid for my sanity and our relationship that I can't handle it. We r both in our thirties so time is not on our side. Can anyone help, give advice or has felt the same. Plez help!!
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brenna
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I LOVE having two.  :) 

peanutsmommy1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM

don't have another child just to please people! My DS just turned four, I am 30 and DH is almost 38....

he will be an only child, a decision we are both comfortable with

iHEAVENn
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Do NOT have another one if you think you can't handle it

lexismum03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I go through phases..I never wanted one child but the more I think about it I am happy with one. I can afford to get her what she wants and go out places that would be more expensive if I had more than one child. Its a hard decision...

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM
It would be so much better if we could agree on it. I never only wanted one. Also part of me feels guily cuz she is still my baby!
Quoting peanutsmommy1:

don't have another child just to please people! My DS just turned four, I am 30 and DH is almost 38....

he will be an only child, a decision we are both comfortable with

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Its just crazy cuz I am a teacher and use to have soi much aptience and love children. To this day when I hold other babies I am so motherly. It just scares me cuz she has been wonderful, but a challenge!
Quoting iHEAVENn:

Do NOT have another one if you think you can't handle it

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:27 PM
I am the exact same!!!
Quoting lexismum03:

I go through phases..I never wanted one child but the more I think about it I am happy with one. I can afford to get her what she wants and go out places that would be more expensive if I had more than one child. Its a hard decision...

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
That's good to hear. Do u have any pros coins? How far apart r they? Would u have done anything diff with that?
Quoting Brenna:

I LOVE having two.  :) 

Efry
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I wasn't going to have any children at all. But I did. Now I'm in the same boat. I'd like another...but at the same time...I love my sleep. At my age (40) one is more than enough. I'm tired!  You still have the luxury of being able to wait a few more years...not many...but you're not over 40...that's a plus. Don't have one now. Think about it again before you hit 40 and see if your ready at that time. Don't let anyone else push you. I tell my family and friends...."Hey, be happy I had one...quit naggin." I works until I see them again.

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I like that one...but Dh is another story! I sometimes think it is his fam pressure and culture to have many childrne esp a boy!

Quoting Efry:

I wasn't going to have any children at all. But I did. Now I'm in the same boat. I'd like another...but at the same time...I love my sleep. At my age (40) one is more than enough. I'm tired!  You still have the luxury of being able to wait a few more years...not many...but you're not over 40...that's a plus. Don't have one now. Think about it again before you hit 40 and see if your ready at that time. Don't let anyone else push you. I tell my family and friends...."Hey, be happy I had one...quit naggin." I works until I see them again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)