Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's ped is an all or nothing office.....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 24 Replies

I wanted to do a spaced out shot schedule but they said they are an all or nothing office. I plan on getting all of the shots but, I just don't want her to get several shots all at the same time. The nurse said they were all or nothing and the doctor verified I wanted to do a spaced shot schedule and he didn't mention anything. I have to call and make her 2 month appointment in a week or so which is when she would start getting her shots. What do I do?

marineswink  baby girl

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Go to a different doctors office. I wouldn't have my daughter seeing a doc that didn't respect my parenting decisions.

ashleykilleen
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM

sounds like you may  need to find another ped.

Thats amazing that they would do that it doesnt make much sense,whats the harm in spacing them out thats what we do. 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM

You need to find a pedi that works with you.

lexismum03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM

IDK why they won't space them. Honestly they would be making more money b/c you are coming to the office more so more money there. Each time they have a nurse administer shots more money... 

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

tanya_marieh
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:54 PM

That's what my doc is to.  I ended up having to get the chicken pox one for my DD even though I am very much against it.  I can't just up and find a new doc. Gotta love military doctors and their policies sometimes. 

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I would join the educate before you vaccinate group on here. You could go by Dr. Sears' delayed schedule. If you get his vaccine book, it has it in there. I tried to find the schedule online, but I can't.

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Natural childbirth having, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

Go to a different doctors office. I wouldn't have my daughter seeing a doc that didn't respect my parenting decisions.

^^^^ this.

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Most ins. wont pay for the extra visits and the spaced shots. My ins. keeps bugging my dr and calling my home to say that my child is not properly vaxed and wont pay for the visits unless he is sick or a reg well child check up.

Quoting lexismum03:

IDK why they won't space them. Honestly they would be making more money b/c you are coming to the office more so more money there. Each time they have a nurse administer shots more money... 

CafeMom Tickers

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

nessy1980
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM
I would find a new pediatrician. They are bullying you into vaccines. Why dont you get the vaccine book by doctor sears it tells you everything thats in all the vaccines. My baby is 8 months old and vaccine free. i have 3 kids my oldest is fully vaccinated hes in special ed for being delayed in learning. my daughter is ok because hers were spaced out. Please research it, I promise nothing will happen to your baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)