Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so my kids do not respect me!

I cant control them at all and I am so depressed about it because they wear me out to the point of me balling my yes out

we have tried everything and nothing works

They are 3 and 4 and they do what they want when theu want we can get them in trouble and 10 min later they are doing the same stuff! I am at my wits end

And SO does not think its that bad because when he is here and awake they are WHOLE different kids NOT KIDDING everyone I know sees it and its killing me

MOMS PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

they tell me NO all the time they get in the kitchen and eat whatevr they get into things in the bathroom!!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Sounds like its time to call super nanny .... or atleast watch a few of the reruns .... she'll be able to help you ... she deals with the same thing all the time :)

ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Exactly what I was going to say! 

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Sounds like its time to call super nanny .... or atleast watch a few of the reruns .... she'll be able to help you ... she deals with the same thing all the time :)

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Read my mind. Seriously. Watch a few shows OP. It really does work. I have used several of the tactics in my own home and got results almost instantly.

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Verarose
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I think it's a common feeling among moms.

I don't know what your parenting style is or what forms of discipline you use, but be consistent.  Don't give into tears or whining.  At  3 and 4 they are old enough to follow directions and understand a punishment.  Make sure they understand that being disobedient (not getting out of the bathroom when you say so) will have consequences. 

Try not to let them see your frustration or they will walk all over you.  You are the boss. 

If you are doing these things and it still isn't working, maybe you need some time off.  I often feel more in control after I've been away from the kids for a few hours.  Even if it's going to the bank or grocery shopping by yourself, it might be enough to recharge you.

recey2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Sounds like a plan! I will try anything at this point

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:34 PM

You are the boss.  You aren't their friend. They have tried the boundaries and possibly haven't found enough. Take them back to the naughty chair, telling them why they are there, one minute per year of age. Praise them when they do something well. Have things they can do around the house so that their energy is used- say they mop the floors with a dry mop, or they sort laundry, or toys, something that gets their attention.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)