Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shame on you Berkeley Ca!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Marine_attack

The enemies among us.

MARINES ATTACKED IN BERKELEY, CA

City Calls Marines “Unwelcome Intruders”

SAN FRANCISCOThe City of Berkeley, California has passed two resolutions attacking the United States Marine Corps, calling the Marines, “uninvited and unwelcome intruders in the city.”

The Berkeley City Council voted to condemn the Marines on Tuesday night (January 29th) as part of a campaign by anti-war activists to shut down a U.S. Marine Recruiting Center located in the city of Berkeley.

The votes by the Berkeley City Council were immediately condemned by Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org), the nation’s largest grassroots pro-troop organization.

“It is disgraceful that in the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement, anti-military activists would attempt to silence the same military men and women who serve this country and give their lives to protect the free speech rights of all Americans, including these ungrateful and despicable people on the Berkeley City Council,” said Melanie Morgan, Chairman of Move America Forward.

The actions by the Berkeley City Council followed continuous protests by Code Pink and other anti-military organizations that vandalized and defaced the U.S. Marine Recruiting Center in September 2007.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsCanCan
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM

this crap was going on when my husband was stationed at camp pendleton..i couldnt stand those idiots. We would always have ppl like that Standing outside the gate holding signs saying that the marines werent welcomed there blah blah...

On his way home iraq my husband stoped in Maine for a transfer to california when he got off the plane ppl were throwing baby dolls at them calling them baby killers.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM

surprised 

jessi437
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:44 PM

lmao!
Typical Berkely. IT doesnt surprise me at all.

JADIEBUG
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM

What nonsense....BTW I stole this and posted it in my group!

kassiebabe004
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Wow, I must be living under a rock....I work in Berkeley and I have never seen any of this crap. I guess it doesn't suprise me, we've got some loonies out here, lol. I assure you though, not everyone here shares that opinion.

Lilypie

lundaylove
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

it doesnt surprise me. there are groups like that everywhere, even moms on here that will talk crap about the military and even gone so far as to bash me cuz my husband is in the military. They are just morons and i couldnt care less about them, as they are nothing but scumbags.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)