Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's: How often do you eat with your kids?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

Obviously working moms are not there to eat every meal with their kids, but what about the SAHM's?

Do you get them up to the table to eat alone, do you eat with them, or at least sit with them?

A big part of healthy eating habits is watching mommy and daddy.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballewal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I don't eat at the same time as all my daughter's meals. (I'm a SAHM who is a student too so this I guess applies to me). I'll eat breakfast before she wakes up, and lunch as she is napping. We always eat dinner together. But I also always sit at the table with her as she is eating. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I try to eat every meal with my kids. When they get up to the table in the morning, straight outta bed, they have cereal and orange juice and I sit with them and drink coffee.

When it's time to have other actual meals, I am either sitting with them eating, or standing nearby doing dishes.

When I'm babysitting a lot of kids and the table is full, I either stand at the bar or hover around doing something else.

But that first meal, and dinner, I am ALWAYS right there with them.

Mishel73
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

We try to eat with DD every meal.  I only work two days a week.  At breakfast my DH and I sit and have coffee while she eats breakfast.  I sit with her at lunch and usually eat something with her.  We all sit together for dinner.  There are of course some circumstances that don't allow us to eat with her all the time, but we make it a point to try to do it.

savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I almost always eat with DS.  Even if it's just a little bit.  I also try not to snack in front of him.

baby 1stholiday

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

When my children were little they ate breakfast on their own, but lunch and supper I always ate with them. For supper especially it was a family time where we talked, and they learned proper behavior at the table.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I eat with them 3xs a day. Sometimes my eldest will want to eat in his room while he watches TV, but I only let him eat a snack in there. I tried lettimg him eat a meal in there once and that was just a mess lol  

lundaylove
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM

every meal they eat with me unless my husband and i are going out and then we will sit with them while they eat.

mcquistionmom2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

the boys sit at their spots at the table for breakfast and I sit at a chair at the table to feed Natalie her oatmeal. during the week its usually just me and Logan at lunch time so we sit together...Joey does "family style" dining at pre school and Natalie is napping at that time. dinner we all sit at the table and eat together, except for natalie, she eats first but stays in her high chair at the table. Dh is at work during dinner though so its just me and the kids. On weekends the only thing that really changes is that we sometimes let the boys sit at the coffee table with their lunch depending on what we are having.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

RoguesMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I try to eat every meal with my kids. When they get up to the table in the morning, straight outta bed, they have cereal and orange juice and I sit with them and drink coffee.

When it's time to have other actual meals, I am either sitting with them eating, or standing nearby doing dishes.

When I'm babysitting a lot of kids and the table is full, I either stand at the bar or hover around doing something else.

But that first meal, and dinner, I am ALWAYS right there with them.

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

We don't eat together for breakfast and lunch as a general rule.  I cannot eat for 1 hour after I take my meds in the morning and DS is not willing to wait.  He likes to eat lunch at 11 and I'm just not hungry at that time since I usually end up eating breakfast at 9.  He eats with the little girl I watch.  We do always eat dinner together though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)