Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms that work part time/ full time which ever....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

when i had dd i went back to work part time for two months then decided to stay home for a while... i went back to work in august part time and my last day of work is today until january because we are moving. but when i go back to work in january i will be working full time.... How do you balance it all out?? I have a hard enough time right now as i am home during the day and gone at night, i have yet to find a balance with dd house work and dh.... i dont expect my house to be perfectly clean like it was when i was home and dd was less mobile but i need some kind of balance.. I will also be back to working day shifts when we move i dont know if that will help or not... any advice would be great thank you.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessi437
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I work full time and let me tell you it isnt easy. Maybe you can make a schedule? Like doing one chore a day and plan for meals every day. I had to learn to stay up later sothat I could get everything done and still have time to play with my DD. I also needed to ask for a lot of help from my DH.

Good luck :)

mz_erica03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Get a planner! LOL

No but seriously plan out your week and accomplish one thing at a time :-)

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Do the minimum of cleaning and cooking.  Enough for health purposes- obviously the bathrooms and kitchens, and do other tasks when you have time. Your husband should probably take on some of the chores that you have been doing, but maybe he already has a full load. When I resumed work I came home one night and saw the clean clothes lying on the table where I'd left them when I ran out of the house to get to work, and my husband sitting in front of the TV. I told him that I wasn't happy that he hadn't taken care of the laundry, he can't have missed it. Anyway, back to the question:

When you cook, make extra and freeze it in meal sized portions. This will save you from cooking every day. And you'll have plenty of variety. Be sure to label and date the containers.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

peanutsmommy1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM

come join the full time workin mamas group!

2kidsandamom08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I work at a gas station full time. I get off work at 1 come home clean a little bit, help my DD with homework when she gets home give them a bath etc. It has gotten harder here lately because my SO left me. We live with my mom and sister so they help out when they can. After a while you will get the hang of things. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)