Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she doesnt listen!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

my 2yr old dd use to listen so well but my dh for the long time use to let her get away with stuff even when i would discipline her for it when he was at so now she doesnt listen all day.she is bad all day long i have tried everything i can think of to get her to listen.i have tried spanks in the butt ,time outs,talking to her.she is to the point where she will hurt her little brother she kicked him in the head a few weeks ago and about 5minsago she was running around the house after i have told her to stop and she feel and almost feel right on the babies face with her knees and she would have broken a few bones if not all the bones in his face if she would have.i dont know what to do she only does this at home.anyone have any new ideas.

ETA.this has been going on before the baby and  now she is 10x worse and i spend just as much time with her as i do with the baby but she throws thing at me

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

It appears that anything I can think of you have already tried.  Definitely never let her be around the baby unsupervised. Praise for allowable behavior. Naughty chair with explanation for unacceptable behavior. Consistent policies. You husband really needs to get with the program. You and he need a firm parenting policy that you both stay with.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Beautiful__mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

we dont let her around the baby with out us but most of the time she is really good with him but she gets in her moods.and i have told dh to not let her do the things he does because i confuses her because i dont let her do them and i punish her when she does

Quoting Bmat:

It appears that anything I can think of you have already tried.  Definitely never let her be around the baby unsupervised. Praise for allowable behavior. Naughty chair with explanation for unacceptable behavior. Consistent policies. You husband really needs to get with the program. You and he need a firm parenting policy that you both stay with.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:00 PM

It soundslike she no longer views you as an authority but an enemey bc your DH is allowing poor behavior. You reall yneed to talk with him. Sit down and figure out a parenting technique that works for both of you. If you feel like he is going to get confrontational about it (like I somewhat expect him to react) make sure you just stay calm and positive. Just tell him something like "You want to be on the same page as him" etc. Stroke his ego a little and you will get your way ;o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)