Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do if this happened to you? (why are some girls such b*tches?)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so I paid $140.00 to go get party leads for my business at an expo with other girls from the company. The whole price of the booth was split 5 ways plus (75.00) electricity, which only the sales rep. used. Then when we got there, the booth next to us was empty so our sales rep. talked us into paying extra to get the other booth we all agreed so we could spread out. Well we were only supposed to have 4 of us girls there at one time, plus our sales rep's daughter who was also promoting her business it was for 2 days. The first day went pretty smooth (it was ok), but the second day I left to get some lunch and came back and there was like 7 girls there. I was pissed because I was told there would only be 4 girls at all times wth. Only 4 girls were paid up to be there, well apparently because we paid an extra 10.50 for the other booth the girls that only paid for one day didn't think it was fair they paid the whole 10.50 and were only there for one day. So our sales rep. said they could come on day 2 also. They paid 70.00 for one day plus the 10.50 for the extra booth so they paid a total of $80.50 for both days when I paid $150.00 for both days,and also we didn't even use the extra booth she used it for her daughter. Plus to top it all off I had $38.00 of product stolen from me and no body will admit to taking it. I haven't yet paid the extra $10.50 which she keeps harassing me for, but not only that she wants me to give her product worth 13.00 when I only owe 10.50. Plus I had $38.00 of my product stolen from me which I have very good reason to believe that my sales rep is the one that has my product. I ended up having to leave the booth because there were too many girls there and they were getting drunk and making us look really bad as a business. When I returned at closeing time there was a lot of my product in her bag I wasn't sure exactly what I pulled to put on display and sell,( I didn't think my "friends" would rip me off )  so I got what I knew was mine out of her bag, and said I know where it's at if I am missing anything else. I went home and checked my inventory and figured out what I was missing. So of course I asked my sales rep about it and she said that she didn't have it and none of the other girls do either, then she tried to make it look like I was a liar. I am pissed because I really feel like I was seriously wronged by people that to my face say were friends, then rip me off so that is why I want some outside oppinion. I appreciate any feedback on this matter. How do you think I should handle this matter? What would you do??????? Plus my sales rep makes money off of me for every order I place....

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I don't have any advice ... other than don't do business with friends ... It hardly ever ends well.

mz_erica03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I would call the main office and file a complaint.

tamystoyparties
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I met them with my business, I don't business with them just that expo, I won't do another expo or anything like that with them ever again.

mz_erica03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting tamystoyparties:

I met them with my business, I don't business with them just that expo, I won't do another expo or anything like that with them ever again.

Oh ok, well as frustated as I would be in your situation, I would call it lesson learned and move on :-)

Kayci9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM

That post made zero sense to me

mna_823
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Quoting swizzlefiz:

I don't have any advice ... other than don't do business with friends ... It hardly ever ends well.

THIS

smiley_mylie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM

what do you do exactly? if you are a hair dresser.. which it sound slike it bc my step mom is and she goes through this crap all the time. either way its lessons learned.

tamystoyparties
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I sell romance products so it is my own business but I make my orders through the company, my sales rep makes my orders.From personal opinion the home office doesn't do any thing about  anything she or any of the rest of them does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)