Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared to take it now!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: How did you feel when using Loestrin 24 Fe?

Options:

Good no side effects at all

ok, BUT not the best

some what bad side effects

REALLY bad side effects, never taking this stuff again..

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

Hi i`m katie (useing my friends computer) 

So i have been on, what i'm guessing, my period for over a month now!! It started of brown spotting to red, and then normal bleeding. AFTER not having one for 4 month in a row.

So they think i have POCS.

in the last 2 weeks thought my period has stop and then restarted a day later 3 times now. And again had gone from spotting  red to normal bleeding.

So today i went back to my GYN and told her some thing had to be done! So she gave me a month of "Loestrin 24 Fe". And told me t read about and to start taking it first thing tomorrow.

So i read it and they first thing is say is if use this "CAN CAUSE DEATH OR SERIOUS DISABILITY"  also i had "google" it to see what other have said about it and that i should not have done lol but it was all bad really bad stuff they had to say about it. but then again it was all date back in 2007.

So has any one on here use this kind of low BC to make you period STOP?? or use it all at. IF so how did it turn out?

ALSO.. i have trouble swalloing pill, and yea i know there small but i also have a sore throat, so if i do take them with it be ok to cut it up small and / or take it in some yogurt?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I took those and bled for 5 months straight. It was hell. I got off of them and never had a problem like that again.  It's weird because it's the lowest dose of hormone you can have. I guess I was just the lucky minority lol

I take Yaz and haven't had any problems. Mine is almost non-existant.

MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:18 PM

hmm i was told yaz was really bad...?

Quoting xChasingxAmyx:

I took those and bled for 5 months straight. It was hell. I got off of them and never had a problem like that again.  It's weird because it's the lowest dose of hormone you can have. I guess I was just the lucky minority lol

Dance13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Yaz gave 2 of my friends really bad mood swings and one of them their period has stopped for the past 3 months (not pregnant just her period randomly stopped) There is a lawsuit for Yaz if you were hospitalized for blood clots or strokes while taking it. I was on it but never remembered to take the pills. I have 4 packs and out of all 4 there are 1 or 2 pills taken out of each.I myself would not recommend Yaz due to all the stories I have heard about it and my friend's expriences while taking it.

I was going to get on the patch but ended up pregnant right after buying it (had to wait til next missed period to start well it never came) and now after this child is born I have to get my tubes tied due to health reasons.

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

hmm i was told yaz was really bad...?

Quoting xChasingxAmyx:

MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM

So no one else has taken Loestrin 24 Fe B.C.???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)