Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHHHH Toddler bedding help!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are going to be moving DD to her big girl room in 6 weeks (nursery staying the same for #2).  There is NOT much to choose from for toddler bedding and it is all soooo scratchy.  I am wondering if crib bedding will work.  Her big girl will be a toddler day bed closed on 3 sides and half closed on the 4th side!  I have shopped and shopped and am so DONE! AHH!

Thanks Ladies!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KGeist86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I love my toddler bedding. We have Strawberry Shortcake bought at Kmart! It is soft, and totally cute. BUT, crib bedding will work too, if you are using the same size matress!

smiley_mylie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM

i bought the softest sheets ever from target for my daughter. we got grey.. then i bought four of the fuzzy blankets for her.. one for her to carry around.. one for her bag.. one for bed.. and one to be washed.. i just fell in love with them because they are so hard to find. Try target if you havnt.

Mommymo08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I didnt go in KMart, but ALL the character ones they had in the stores I went in (which were VERY few) wer soooo scratchy!  I will try there. 

I am just worried the mattress will show on teh side with the crib comforter...I have OCD!

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Spencers toodler bed fits his crib mattress.  I think most toddler beds do.  Olivekids.com has some pretty cute stuff.  Spencer has the pirate bedding from there! 

"And Shepherds we shall be   For thee, my Lord, for thee.   Power hath descended forth from Thy hand   Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.   So we shall flow a river forth to Thee   And teeming with souls shall it ever be.             

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Mommymo08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM

do you know what brand they were? They have NOTHING in their stores!

Quoting smiley_mylie:

i bought the softest sheets ever from target for my daughter. we got grey.. then i bought four of the fuzzy blankets for her.. one for her to carry around.. one for her bag.. one for bed.. and one to be washed.. i just fell in love with them because they are so hard to find. Try target if you havnt.

AudrasMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:14 PM

If you're not looking for a specific theme (like characters or whatever) go to Babies R Us.  Their stuff is sooo soft.  And most crib mattresses fit a toddler bed...My DD's mattress on her bed is a crib mattress.  If you worried about the way stuff feels...Wash it.  I got my DD's bedding set from Wal-Mart (Spongebob) and it's soft but probably because it's been washed so much due to late night accidents!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:29 PM

You can buy crib sets and they will fit a toddler bed. The mattress is the same size in a crib that goes into a toddler bed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)