Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I witnessed today..........piog

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

a most awesome act of kindness. I was at my Dr's apt. The nurse practitioner started talking to my Dr outside my room.She said the chart xray shows a break. He needs a boot then a cast once the swelling goes down.How should I handle this.My Dr said He doesn't have insurance ~~~~Put the boot on,tell him to come back Friday for the cast.I want his chart and file put on My desk.I don't want anyone making calls and chasing this guy down trying to get money for this !!!  I was so impressed with my Dr it brought tears to my eyes. I wonder how many other Dr's would have done this.Or would have told him go to the ER and let them chase you for the money.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
orange4agua72
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:54 PM

That's amazing! It sounds like something my OBGYN would do!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Wow! Sounds like a great guy!

ZoeCY
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Quoting xChasingxAmyx:

Wow! Sounds like a great guy!

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I suspect a lot more of this type of thing goes on than we know.  Maybe not all doctors, but there are caring doctors out there as well as in other professions.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

mymichelle2002
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM

That's awesome! Sounds like a Dr that remembers WHY he still has a practice right now.

EdgeOfSanity
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM

What a kind doctor! My dd is in a boot and it's almost $400.He did a great thing.

I think an urgent care doc did a similar thing for us. I took dd in for elbow xrays when we didn't have medical coverage. Never saw a bill. He even called a couple weeks later to check on her. There are some good people out there :o)

mhmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:40 PM

This happened to us today but with the vet.  My dog had to have surgery for a fatty tumor that was growing between her muscles.  We did get a large bill but she did need 2 shots that we said we weren't going to do because we don't have the money.  He gave her the 2 shots and did not charge us for them.  I think that was very kind of him to give our dog shots "on the house".  There are still good docs out there, no matter what kind of doc.

Bonnie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM

That is really awesome. I had to take DH and DS to our family practitioner last week. They both had sinus infections. I wasn't feeling 100% myself but because we made a recent change in our coverage, I'm showing in the system as no longer having coverage for myself. I've been dealing with the insurance company for well over two months over this crap. Anyway, long story short, the three of us are in the examining room when he comes in. He examines DS then DH. He approaches me and asks me what my symptoms are. I told him that I wasn't there to be seen, to which he replied, "That isn't the answer I was looking for." We walked out of there with prescriptions for all three of us and only one co-pay at the desk. It's nice to know that there are such thoughtful people out there sometimes. :-) 

DeZsMaMa
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM

how amazing!!

Linda - Loving Mommy to Dezmond Jordan (11/30/06) & Zion Naje (8/27/09)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)