Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My head is about to explode!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am trying to figure out what kind of convertable car seat to buy and I swear my head is about to explode!!  I think I am between the Graco My Ride 65 and the Evenflo Symphony 65.  I really want one that has a high weight limit because I have a large baby.  I am afraid to get the Graco because the reviews on it say it is really hard to adjust the straps.  I want something that is really safe, but also easy to get him in and out of.  I know there are a lot of people who know lots about car seats, so please help!!!  If there is a better one  you recommend, please let me know.  I would like if it is under $200.  Thanks so much!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jrp0606
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 11:30 AM
I would stay away from the symphony. The graco myride is a good seat but yes it can be difficult to adjust the harness. I would consider a First Years Truefit, it rearfaces to 35lbs and harness to 65lbs it will get you too booster age and is great for older rearfacers. Other wise I would look at Britax because they can be tethered rearfacing which is a huge safety benefit.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I've never had ANY problems with my MyRide. And what do you mean by adjusting the straps? Like, daily in and out, or when you take the seat out to adjust them?

I LOVE my MyRide, and it's RF'ing my 3 yo right now. I WILL get my use out of this seat. I will also be buying another for my 1 yo, whenever she outgrows the seat she's in.

The other comparable seat is the TrueFit, but it doesn't RF as long.

Nenasam
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

We have Evenflo up to 65 lbs, and so far so good.. so easy to adjust and sometime we have to pick up one of our friend's little girl, she could still fit in our baby car seat.. lol. Also when you have a biger child, there is a slot right under their legs to adjust  the east straps

jrp0606
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM
I would double check your weight limits. The only evenflo seat that rearfaces that goes to 65lbs is the evenflo symphony 65 and that's only available for pre-order right now. I don't believe its hitting stores until after christmas.
Quoting Nenasam:

We have Evenflo up to 65 lbs, and so far so good.. so easy to adjust and sometime we have to pick up one of our friend's little girl, she could still fit in our baby car seat.. lol. Also when you have a biger child, there is a slot right under their legs to adjust  the east straps

Manaroo
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Adjusting the straps on a daily basis, for heavier or lighter clothes.  I really like the my ride, but the carrier that we have is a pain to adjust the straps, so I would like something that is a little easier.  I am afraid if it is really hard to adjust I won't like the seat.

CafeMom Tickers
jrp0606
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM
The Truefit or the Evenflo Triumph Advanced are both super easy to adjust. The best thing to do it go play with some at babies r us and see what you like and don't like. I would stay away from anything that claims to be a three in one, they are usually a huge waste of money. Look for seats that harness to 65lbs to make sure you get your money's worth.
Quoting Manaroo:

Adjusting the straps on a daily basis, for heavier or lighter clothes.  I really like the my ride, but the carrier that we have is a pain to adjust the straps, so I would like something that is a little easier.  I am afraid if it is really hard to adjust I won't like the seat.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I find it so easy to adjust the straps on my MR. Far easier than doing the straps on  my ComfortSport, also by Graco.

IDK, if you wanna RF as long as possible for as cheap as possible, this one's the way to go.

Absolutely, go to a store that carries all of them if you can. get them off the shelf, side by side, try the straps, look at the sizes, the way your kid fits in them, everything.

Quoting jrp0606:

The Truefit or the Evenflo Triumph Advanced are both super easy to adjust. The best thing to do it go play with some at babies r us and see what you like and don't like. I would stay away from anything that claims to be a three in one, they are usually a huge waste of money. Look for seats that harness to 65lbs to make sure you get your money's worth.
Quoting Manaroo:

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)