Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this sound like a good deal for 600 a month??? piog

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

we are looking at a duplex on saturday 2 bedrooms fenced in back yard and we get our own half of the yard and its fenced off from the neighbor on the other half of the duplex. its got a basment with washer dryer hook ups a garage. decent size but the living room is kinda small. but its 600 a month and we have to pay all utlities nothing is included but the appliances so what do you think????

happily married proud christian sahm to a active 3 yr old girl

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I think it depends on the area.  In my neighborhood we don't have duplexes but homes rent for $1500-$2500 a month w/ no utilities included.

jumpingmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM

ya its a pretty cheap area where we live houses are like 750 a month for a 3 bedroom

Quoting swizzlefiz:

I think it depends on the area.  In my neighborhood we don't have duplexes but homes rent for $1500-$2500 a month w/ no utilities included.

happily married proud christian sahm to a active 3 yr old girl

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM

It really depends what state you live in. Ask what the utilities run. Make sure you really look at it.make sure there isn't any mold,leaks,or Pests involved.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Depends on where you live....Last year, we were living in a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 2 story house for $475 a month. It included garbage and sewage, and we paid the rest.

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I read some tips on purchasing a house .... would probably help you too.  It said to park your car in the neighborhood on a weekend and just go walking around the neighborhood.  Talk to people who live there to get the gossip.  For instance if someone caught me outside and asked me about our neighborhood I'd tell them not to do it .... we have a terrible HOA, trashy neighbors everywhere, no city services, itntakes atleast 30 minutes to get the police to respond ..... wish some one would have told us before we bought our house :(

Quoting jumpingmommy:

ya its a pretty cheap area where we live houses are like 750 a month for a 3 bedroom

Quoting swizzlefiz:

PaulinaK
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM

i like some of it....but having to pay all the utilities is what i dont like....we live in a 1700 sq ft. luxury apt, 2 bd and have a garage and 3 walk in closets plus washer dryer hookups right in our apt. and we also have a rather large balcony and pay NONE of the utilities and we only pay 600 a month....so to me it is not that much of a deal....but it depends on the neighborhood and how expensive everything else is....but for us....i wouldn't take it...i would keep looking

BaileynMe

The apartments we used to live in rented a 2 bedroom for around $1100 a month, in a nice area of town. It depends on your area. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

steph2884

Sounds good to me. Where I live a crappy one bedroom apartment goes for $675 a month with no utilities paid and most of them don't have washers/dryers...

KaetlinC
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM

sounds pretty cheap. My apartment is 775 for 2 bedrooms and no utilities included...

MsRich0225
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Yep. I know places here where you can pay about $550 but w/in a week of moving in, you might come home to smashed window and some missing valuable. Be careful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)