Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leave your car running???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM
  • 25 Replies

I noticed something today when i was picking my daughter up from school....there were at least 5-10 cars that were parked on the side of the street or in front of the building there were left running....there was no one inside....people just left them running and went into the school for 5-10 minutes and didnt even think about turning them off...i know we live in a small town....about 8,000 people but i would never have done that.....why take the risk....and i was just wondering how many of you leave your cars running and run in to stores or whatever and leave your care unattended.

I am a 28 yr old wife and mother to a pretty 5 yr old  named Katelynn and to a wonderful, handsome 50 yr old named Russ...i believe in Gay rights, "Love is love no matter what the gender", CIO, crib sleeping, independence and self soothing in children, formula is BEST (I CHOSE not to bf because I didn't want to, nor did I care to)  and I am pro choice and a very proud ATHESIST!!!!!

in love    toddler girl

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Where I live you can but ever since they brought in this university I don't!

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM

That is acutally illegal here.  A while back there was a news story about people leaving their cars running in the driveway to let them warm up and getting tickets ..... I'd never leave my car running ... it wastes gas and hurts the environment ... not to mention leaves you open to your car getting stolen .... maybe those people want their cars stolen?

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Eh don't worry about it ya know. It's their car they are risking. I just hope there weren't any  kids in the car! 

jerlyn13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I do it sometimes in the winter when I pick my DS up from preschool.....My DS has a mild case of Raynaud's Syndrome so I like to keep the car warm so his hands don't get super red... I live in a town with only 3000 people, I am not really worried..

EDIT....... and I would never leave the kids in the car without me, DD always goes in to the school with me

callalily417

I never do. I always lock the car when I get out or in. I see a lot of people leave their cars running when they run in to get coffee and stuff.

Pregnancy ticker

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I don't.  I knew someone who did years ago (when our town was about 3,000 people).  She left it running in front of the church to run in and grab something really quick.  When she came out a minute later her car was gone!

steph2884

I never do that, too many people want my 92 accord for its parts. It is one of the most stolen cars where I live, and I actually caught this stupid car thief trying to steal my car at 7pm in a busy parking lot. He was stupid because there were so  many people shopping and the stupid guy couldn't even get in my car. All he managed to do was damage the lock...

PaulinaK
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM

well....when i was walking by there where a couple that had kids in it....one van had a baby in a infant seat buckled into the front passenger seat and there was no one around....it just makes me wonder what exactly people are thinking.....

I am a 28 yr old wife and mother to a pretty 5 yr old  named Katelynn and to a wonderful, handsome 50 yr old named Russ...I believe in Gay rights, "Love is love no matter what the gender", CIO, crib sleeping, independence and self soothing in children, formula is BEST (I CHOSE not to bf because I didn't want to, nor did I care to)  and I am pro choice and a very proud atheist.

in love     toddler girl

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM

YIKES! risk your car is one thing, but risking your children is another. Goodness. Just not worth it to me!

Quoting PaulinaK:

well....when i was walking by there where a couple that had kids in it....one van had a baby in a infant seat buckled into the front passenger seat and there was no one around....it just makes me wonder what exactly people are thinking.....

EdgeOfSanity
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM

We only leave the car running when we're letting it warm up. I think dh may once in a great while if there is nobody in line at the gas station and he's picking up a pack of cigs. Other than that, no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)