Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question if you have time warner cable and a laptop piog

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

i am getting my laptop anyday now and i called time warner i have them for my road runner they are bringing out a wirless modem and it will cost me 10.95 a month for it and a one time fee of 50 bucks to install is this a deal??? someone said you can buy your own but then if it breaks they dont back it up so anyway does anyone else have them and have this????

happily married proud christian sahm to a active 3 yr old girl

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
shis_mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM

If you already have internet just go ahead and by your own. I have no problem out of mine and was not hard to set up at all.

jumpingmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM

i wasnt sure if it broke or somthing and we have a desktop too

Quoting shis_mama:

If you already have internet just go ahead and by your own. I have no problem out of mine and was not hard to set up at all.

happily married proud christian sahm to a active 3 yr old girl

Angebor
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM

If you have internet service already, you save money by buying your own 'wireless router'.

For $50, you can buy it and set it up yourself.  It comes with pretty clear instructions and a telephone number for some support.

Yes, if it breaks, you'll have to get another one probably.  However, think about it.

You'll be paying TW over $120 a year for something that worth less than half of that...anda $50 unit will last you for a few years.   The one we have at church is well into its second year of service.

Again, I'm assuming you already have internet service.  If you don't, this may be as good a deal as any.

Married?  Join Angela at the Wife Spice group!

We don't just make love! We make love better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)