Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the name ???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 41 Replies

Okay I'm currently 30  weeks pregnant and we just picked out a name for him. We chose Josiah. Well the other day at the doctors another women asked " oh so what are you going to name him ?" so I told her . Then here it goes the look , the sideways WTF look so i just laughed it off . So I just wanted to know how many of you have friends that gave there child a different name and you thought its was just the crazy thing ever?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CullenLover
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM

dh's cousin named her daughter charlie and they're last name is brown they thought it was soo cute. and they were hoping for another boy.

Tiger420
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM
My name is Akasha.
NoraDun
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Josiah is a nice name and it is biblical so I love it!! I named my son Malachi (the last book in the old testament) and it kills me how many people 1. can't pronounce it 2. ask me where I got it from or 2. tells me that is the evil child off of some movie.....well guess what it was a bible name way before some movie used the name LOL so anyway I love the name and where I live it isn't different!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I am sorry I must be dense today.  What is so crazy about the name Josiah?  Are you having a girl?

JJATCzeck
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM

my son got named thomas after thomas the train, and my daughters name is Jazzlynn...i mixed jazmine with lynn, cause too many kids named jasmine and i wanted something different..  and lynn is my mom, sister, and neice's middle name. ive gotten a few funny looks, but i dont care lol i love her name, ive had the name picked out since i was little.

honeybee429
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM

i love that name. screw her.

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I like the name Josiah.

waitin4u
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM

no hun I'm having a boy, it's just that the name isn't that common . So some people when they ask me , I get a reaction like wtf that's all

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Don't worry about what negative ppl think. I think it a beautiful name. Congrats on your baby boy. I wish the best of luck to you and your family.  And as much sleep and rest as you can possibly get,lol.

Quoting waitin4u:

no hun I'm having a boy, it's just that the name isn't that common . So some people when they ask me , I get a reaction like wtf that's all

Leighlyleigh
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Think of it this way:  there won't be 4 Josiah's in his class when he gets to school ;)

That was my goal with my son- I wanted to name him something individual but not too far out there.  So I picked Elijah.  I think Josiah fits perfect in that same category.

If you think people are giving you funny looks just tell them it's a family name and they tend to go "oh...okay" and smile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)