Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Tree Friends, Do you let your kids watch?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZSBbqpZ3I
If you haven't seen it go to the link above.  Now I want to tell you all that I have let my kids watch this.
Yep I let my two young kids watch this show, and they think it's hillarious. Now I know that I will be bashed and told how much of a bad mom I am and other horrible things. But with all the things that other women on this site do or let their kids do I dont think that letting my kids watch Happy Tree Friends is much worse than say, letting my kid walk home from school alone or leaving my kids alone in a bath tub, or even staying in an abusive relationship "because I love him".
I wonder how many of you out there are really brave enough to say that you do let your kids watch violent movies, or let your 7 year olds play Halo 3 on XBOX Live and dont watch them or listen to the language they are hearing.
So I am on here saying that I let my kids watch HTF, and they laugh their asses off at the things that happen to those animals.  Morbid and freaky to know they laugh at it but its also kind of funny.
So anyway, give your opinions and if you possibly can(I wonder if it might be too much to ask) try to be nice.

OH and I have my profile private because I really dont care to have mass emails telling me how horrible I am :)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM

how old are your kids?!

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Why are you posting this when you know people are going to bash on you? I mean, is that the point? Do you feel like being put into your place today?

Becca_2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I actually have never heard of it until this post.  But now that I've seen a bit of it, I honestly don't find it funny and I honestly don't let my daughter watch stuff like this. Sorry

dopeytaz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM

My kids watch this and they are 9 and 6

milenko_chick
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Just because you don't physically abuse your children or neglect them doesn't mean this crap isn't going to harm them in the long run.

"What is necessary is never unwise."

lexismum03
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:01 PM

haha I have watched it but don't think dd is ready to..I mean she will watch family guy if its an episode I have seen and know whats in it and I approve but happy tree friends not yet....lol I'm weird

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

jumpingmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM

why in the world would you let your kids watch that??? and then post this??? you want a cookie??? who really cares i would personally not but why in the world you do i guess to each thier own

happily married proud christian sahm to a active 3 yr old girl

yaimthatmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM

No I know people will bash me because of how people on this site and this group treat others if they disagree on what is good for another persons kids or not.  I posted becaus I wanted to see how many moms out there are willing to say to hell with everyone else and say "yeah I let my kids.....(fill in blank)". 
It seems to me that lately on this site, and this group that everyone is afraid to say anything about how they raise their kids, or anything like race, religion, sexual status, marital status or whatever because of how many people will come on and berate them for how horrible they must be.
So I am going to be one of the first to stand up and say "Hey screw you people this is what I let my kids do and if you dont like it oh well" They are not your kids they are mine, and I am just wondering how many like minded moms are out there.
I am also hoping that others will be more willing to stand up for what THEY beleive in and not worry so much about what a bunch of women on the other side of a computer screen think.
My first post is the fact I let my kids watch shows that most would not find suitable for kids.
And my kids are 4 and 7, my daughter thinks the show is the funniest thing she ever saw, my son is kind of freaked out by it and concerned that the animals are not being very safe.  So in a way its teaching them "this is what happens if you dont do things the right/safe way". 

Mom4Fish
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I would let my kid (who is 4) watch plus i have let her watch a couple times. At the momment i dont recall when its on or what channel but i do recall watching it a couple times.To me its better then South Park and not any worse then Spongebob. Just a lil weird but not wrong! Plus that is the beauty of having kids, their yours and you can choose what you allow them to watch and how to raise them, cuz not even the strictist parents get it right cuz kids rebel. So way to go who cares if you allow them to watch it kids see all kinds of things at friends or inlaws and you cant control it. Some kids need more then happy and learning cuz the world is not happy learning

Mom4fish~Monicain love  

toddler girl  baby girl

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM

My DD is almost 6 and no she would not be allowed to watch that show.  The worst cartoon she watches is King of the Hill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)