Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP NEED GIFT IDEA ASAP

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

My DD is in daycare and she has 3 teachers (two morning teachers and a closer) then she has a director and asst. director...and i need to know what is good teacher present! we've bought 3 mugs for the teachers, and 2 baskets for the director and asst. director. i put some hot chocolate mix in the mugs and i'm putting some candy in both the baskets and the mugs. what else can i get them that isn't too expensive?

ANY IDEAS?! I'll take ANY lol

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abenirichelle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM

a candle maybe??? sorry, idk

mommy053008
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:30 PM

i tried candles but i got overwhelmed with all the smells...is there like  a general smell that almost everyone likes?

AudrasMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Quoting abenirichelle:

a candle maybe??? sorry, idk

That's what I would do...People love candles...Or if any of them are males, get the oil and reeds...You know what I mean?  You stick the reeds in this scented oil and it puts off the scent.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mommy053008
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM

hmmm nope they are all girls. okay i will shop for candles.

abenirichelle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:34 PM

maybe a basic scent like fresh linen, or lavender.  another thing that you can sometimes find on sale during the holiday season is some fuzzy house socks...the soft kind that you find at jc penney  (also can find them elsewhere, but that one came off the top of my head).

Quoting mommy053008:

i tried candles but i got overwhelmed with all the smells...is there like  a general smell that almost everyone likes?

Leighlyleigh
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Wow that seems like a lot for a daycare present.  My DD's daycare always says they would prefer gifts for the daycare itself rather than for the individual teachers.  They usually put up a wishlist of items they would like.

At my DS's school  all the teachers banded together and sent a request that in lieu of gifts they would prefer a gift for the local homeless shelter and set up collection spots in their classroom. 

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM

The only thing I would add to this list is home made cards from your daughter.  I think what you have is wonderful :)

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Homemade cookies or sweet bread?

BaileynMe
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM

$5 gift cards from a local bookstore. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

mommyboyz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I worked at a preschool and the best gift I recieved from my kiddos were the homemade Christmas ornaments, I still to this day 3 years later pull them out & they are and always will be on my tree. Each one I have from the children that brought them I wrote the year & there name on it if it was not already there. I love them. 

*Amanda*

american footballtoddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)