Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magical powers

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello ladies...who wishes as a mom we had magical powers to make all the bad stuff go away for our kids?

My dd had her tonsils removed yesterday and is feeling super miserable right now.  Especially because the pain medicine is not helping her at all.  I feel helpless, heartless, bad and everything in between because there is nothing I can do to make it better.  Dammit.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deann66
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I understand the feeling. Its so hard when your kids need help and your hands are tied. Don't you miss the days when a kiss could make anything all better?

kgaskill
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Ugh...that sounds awful for both of you! Try putting an ice pack (bag of frozen peas wrapped in a dishtowel works well) around her neck for awhile to relieve the swelling and pain. It's a temporary fix but I've heard that it works. Good luck!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM

AWW, poor thing! I'd use my magical powers were to curb my 3 yo's attitude! BUT, I guess making her feel better would be good, too, lol! Hope she feels better soon!

BaileynMe
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Aw, sorry for your DD! 

I would settle for just an extra arm and hand every once in a while. Today, we picked out our Christmas tree, and DH went to go pay and the guy who worked at the place went to load the tree in our car and we ended up having to open the glass part of the back door (we drive a 2001 Ford Escape) but he couldn't quite get it without help and I was holding on to DD with one hand and trying to help him with the other, lol. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Waycross48
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Hi, from Nana Judy - MAKE them give her something better for the pain!!!  Both of my grandchildren had theirs out and they were given Lortab which took care of the pain extremely well.  But, if you don't force the issue - some doctors will just let them suffer.  Speak up sweetie!!

God Bless you, Nana Judy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)