Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED HELP WITH HOMEWORK!!!!!!ASAP

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok so i'm doing a paper on Domestic Violence for my Sociolgy class. And my teacher wants me to  Give an analysis of which Theoretical perspective best relates to the social problem my article identifies.(which is Domestic Violence) I cant figure out which perspective this is.... i have 3 perspectives to choose from

Functionalists perspective, Conflict perspective, and Interactionalist perspective

here is the link of the article that i used

http://www.spin.com/articles/chris-brown-and-rihanna-whole-story

PLEASE HELP!!!! need by tomorrow!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jackie8236
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM

conflict maybe?? you lost me at theoretical :)

BaileynMe
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I have no idea. Perhaps you could explain the perspectives? Simply going by title, I'd say Conflict or Interactionalist. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

jnick82
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Coming from a functionalist perspective the function would be relationships and how they work. Domestic violence would be a dysfunction of some of those relationships.

Conflict theorists would probably use "blaming the victim" saying that victims of domestic violence bring it upon themselves by remaining in the situations.

Hope this helps some. I'm working on my sociology homework and popped in here

deann66
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:29 PM

It has been years since I addressed this so Read your materials and make sure I make sense LMAO.

It a matter of opinion...which frame of mind you are...

Conflict perspective would be that domestic violence is the result of one getting what they want at the expense of another. Confict theorists would see it as a symptom of the power struggle in society as a whole.

It could be Interactionist since it is based on face to face interactions...one on one and not society as a whole. Interactionists believe societies and cultures are derived from individuals and not the other way around. So this theory would put the victim and abuser on same level...blaming each for their part in the abuse. (Ie: what did rhianna do to piss him off?)

Although it could be Functionalist because it could be based on hierarchy..ie: .man rules woman...gag...which is a issue in society as a whole. It would be the same with isues of race, wealth, etc...not individual...they would blame society.

Its been awhile so be kind if I am way out there LOL

LindaButler0507
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM

Thank ya'll so much for ya'lls wonderful help. Apprently Rhianna threw the car keys out the window. I don't believe that that is the whole story because i wouldnt get pissed off that bad and hurt someone just because the keys were thrown out the window. But then again he was driving a lamborghini.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)