Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaky boobs and cramping...(piog)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:00 AM
  • 1 Replies

ok i have a couple questions...

1st question is ive started leaking already is that normal, for this to be my first pregnancy and only like 28 wks?? Its gross and idk it had me a lil confused on whether it was normal to satrt already...

2nd question is I was in the hospital the other day for cramping/contractions and while i was there i was laying on my back the whole time, and i was having the cramping while laying on my back, well my back started to hurt so i decided to lay on my side for a couple mins, they stopped, when i laid back on my back they started again. and they just decided to say i was dehydrated...could it have been that the baby was laying on a blood vessel cutting off the blood source and causing cramping??

Thanks ladies in advance...

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
BaileynMe
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Could be. It is still highly likely that dehydration was causing it. When you're having difficulties early in pregnancy, you're supposed to lay on your left side. It helps increase circulation and increases the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta. If you were dehydrated, laying on your left side would have increased the blood flow enough to potentially ease the distress your body and baby may have been feeling, causing the contractions to slow/stop. 

Now is definitely the time to drink lots of water and other fluids. It's fairly easy for pregnant women to get dehydrated. 

Some women experience leakage as soon as the first trimester. Honestly, it sounds like the doctors were competent. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)