Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone Please Help

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:38 AM
  • 3 Replies

Im 17 years old and I recently moved to Hawaii to live with my father. I thought life here would be great, lots of sun and I get to live right by the beach. Ever hear the saying 'the grass isnt always greener on the otherside'? Well its true, unbelievebly and heart wrenchingly true. A week after i got here I found out i was pregnant with my boyfriends baby. After that things just went down hill. I started getting terrible morning sickness that made it so i had to go to the hospital to get an iV at least twice a week, and on top of that i have no one to talk to. Everyone that has ever been there to support me is over 4,000 miles away.... i just want to go home, back to the mainland. I feel completely and overly depressed. And because i'm 17 and still a minor, i cant go back. Theres nothing i can do. Any advice on how to make the situation better? Or convince my father to let me go back? PLEASE? anything at all

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LilrockerMama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Don't feel bad, when I got pregnant I was 14 and all my friends forgot I existed. I don't mean that it happens to everyone but once you have to become an adult and have responsibility, your friends get sick of "oh I can't go this weekend I want to spend time with my baby" or "I'm so tired I don't think I can make it..." or whatever it is. You will make friends if you're unable to leave. Just stay positive and do what needs to be done, you know? If you ever want someone to talk to I'm here for you, I know what it's like to be alone when you need someone the most. Good luck. =)

KeriSparks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Your friends old and new close or far do care. I am sorry that you are so sick but it will get better. Hold your head up high and this will be alright.  It is a wonderful place to be just give it a chance...relax...and let be. YOu are going to be alright. If you want to message me so we can talk feel free.  oh and BTW ...hi my name is keri nice to meet you:)

sgtdemanda
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Why did you move there to be with your father?  Was there something wrong with where you lived before?

Sadly you're going to have to just learn to deal if you can't get your dad to agree to send you back.  You should just make the best of the situation, I mean, you could be somewhere a heck of a lot worse than Hawaii!  See if you can't find an organization in the area that can hook you up with other moms to be (prenatal class maybe?).

Learning to live with the consequences of decisions is an unfortunate part of growing from teenager to adult.  Try to make the best of the situation and focus on taking care of yourself right now!  You got bigger worries with that little one on the way :)  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)