Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of it.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

So for those that don't know me I'm a single mom, I work full time and attend college full time. I'm unable to get any assistance, which is really fine by me. Anyways last year for christmas my work decided to get all crazy and cut back everyones hours, mainly CNAS which is what I am. So I was extremely broke. This year since I work more and haven't been called off I was kinda hoping to have a good Christmas. It will still be good, but I'm extremely broke. LOL. I had to pay 210 to switch my electric over into my name (it was in my aunts because I couldnt put it in mine because when I moved here i was 17) so it just kind of set me back. I would have worked more but with school and my job I have now it's kind of impossible. Well it's possible. Just difficult. I've worked 7 days a week and was in school before its tough and that was just in high school. lol So anyways after my bills are paid I only have like 2-300 dollars left over for like groceries and whatnot but right now I have 100 to last til next payday and I need groceries. Kinda bummed out about it. I've already planned on telling my son that Santa is sick this year and couldn't make it everywhere but will be here as soon as he gets better, and we'll make him get well soon cards and everything. I guess theres no point in this post lol so if you want share some of your stories on what you do when you get in a bind like mine. I'm not whining at all though just talking. =)

I know that whatever happens happens for a reason. For every cloudy day there's a sunny one coming up. Christmas isn't about the presents or Santa, its about love, family and Christ. In my opinions and beliefs. And I know people don't think it's right to tell your kids about Santa, but I believe in dreaming of the unrealistic. I let my son decide, when he asks if he is real, I say "Zeke what do you think is real? You can believe in whatever you want to believe in" and he says he believes he's real. So I let him until he is ready to believe otherwise.

LYLAS!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Congratulations on holding your own with work, school and raising a child.

I think you have the right frame of mind and although it is exhausting, the best thing you can do is keep moving forward. Good luck with it all.

PrydferthMenyw
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Quoting GOBryan:

I think you have the right frame of mind and although it is exhausting, the best thing you can do is keep moving forward. Good luck with it all.

I whole-heartedly agree. You are doing an awesome job. You can always "celebrate" Christmas another time when you are financially able to if your son is up for it. Single moms like you who work hard to make ends meet and go to school at the same time are the most selfless people on earth. You are a true blessing to your son and an inspiration to other single moms who are struggling, too.

PM me and give me your address, if you feel comfortable, and I will send your son a Christmas card. I know it isn't much, but I want him to know that other people care about him, too.

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

deann66
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

You're doing a good job mama!

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Quoting GOBryan:

I totally agree. Its hard to be a mom, worker, and student. Not a lot of people can handle it. I wish you the best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)