• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you spend on a pair of jeans for yourself? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM
  • 33 Replies

since my xmas shopping has been over and done for a week now, i'm getting back to me..i was browsing a fashion website, and looking at jeans..OMDG!! why would i pay $100 for a pair of jeans that were a) paint-splattered, b) bleach-spilled, or c) ripped-up? can i not just go to the local SA thrift store and find the same thing for $5?? what are they thinking? who actually buys this crap..for that kind of money?
i'm certain i've never paid more than $40 for a dark-wash, bootcut jean..ya know, the kind that actually look 'new'.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carliemarie1015
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 AM

ugh! I know what you mean! (even though I did go through the "ripped jean" fad years ago back in HS).

it's SO hard for me to find a good fitting pair of jeans that are JUST jeans. no holes or rips or whatever. I've got jeans across the board of prices. I've got a few pairs of the $30-ish dollar range, and I've splurged and bought a pair of $70-$110 jeans---and let me tell you, they last SOO much longer! lol. but I definately don't spend $100+ dollars everytime I think I need a new pair of jeans.

I just bought a pair of $25 jeans from Old Navy, not a bad pair of jeans! lol

but I'm SUPER picky about jeans, it's kind of a flaw, lol, they have to fit me just right, I have no butt! so I need a pair of jeans that flatters it! lol

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:54 AM

anywhere from 20.00 to 300.00.

i'm not into the whole paint spattered crap though...LOL.

if i spend a good amount on a pair of jeans, they certainly won't look like they walked themselves right out of the ghetto. 

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.
momof3armywife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Old Navy has some decent jeans that run about $30-40. But being that i am a healthier girl i usually buy my jeans at Lane Bryant or Ashley Stuart. I can get a good pair of jeans from Ashley Stuart for about $25-30. And they still look really good. But im not opposed to buying more expensive jeans if they look good on me.

PrydferthMenyw
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM

$20 tops. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

mom223
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:14 AM

The most I spend was $40, and that was too much. I had a friend who told me she spends no less than $60 cause the jeans she bought were better quality and made her butt looked better lol. She saw me with a pair of jeans and loved it I told her I payed $19.99 for them and that the jeans don't make you. You make the jeans lol. I think is outrageous to pay more than $40 for a pair of jeans

Zanny
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I ususally buy my jeans at the Gap Outlet...  So.. I think the least I have spent there is $12, and the most $50..

(and yes, I mis-spelled a word - just for your amusement!).. don't be overwhelmend

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:20 AM

I get all my gap/old navy etcjeans for $7 at Goodwill,lmaoo 

Jenn292
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM

$25-30.00

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM

This is actually a very timely post as I am desperately searching for a new pair of jeans.  Mine are ripped and I want new ones.  I looked on line at local stores and found jeans for $240.  Who would pay that much for jeans?  The most I have ever spent is $60 for a pair of Guess jeans.  I don't spend more $30 for any pair of pants now.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

thehairnazi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Zanny:

I ususally buy my jeans at the Gap Outlet...  So.. I think the least I have spent there is $12, and the most $50..

(and yes, I mis-spelled a word - just for your amusement!).. don't be overwhelmend

LMflatAO!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)