Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas gift question(boy)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son wants one of these...He's 9 year old and never had anything like this before..My question is has anyone ever bought their son something like this? Do they still play with it?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I don't have a boy but it looks cool ... I'd play with it!

xChasingxAmyx
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I think it's cool. And by the looks of it, you can fix it and take it apart etc. So I am sure there are more kits to buy for it. I could see him playing with it for a while, if he is the type that can focus in on something and is creative with building etc.

lauriebash
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:49 AM

It all depends on the child. Our son plays with his skateboard and bike flick trix ALL THE TIME! He started when he was 7-8 and still, at 13, messes around with them. He is very good with them. His friends get frustrated that he can do things with them that they can't. He has ADHD, and it helps him to relax, while staying busy. We own a bike and skateboard shop and have actually looked into selling these because the kids around here love them. 

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:51 AM

My son isn't into those, but his into Tech Decks. Tech Decks are the same exact thing, but skateboards you take apart and build and play with instead of bikes. He really likes them and plays with them quite a bit. They even have ramps and stuff for them. It's really what the kids are into these days, so I say it's a great gift idea.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (14m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM

My little brother and cousin had these and they really liked them. They were good to play with on the go too, so in the car and things like that... just be sure he doesn't sneak them to school and get in trouble trying to play with them in class.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

Krissy21
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Thank you everyone! I'll look into the Tech Decks. My son love Tony Hawk video games and I think he might play with the skateboards more than the bikes.

Quoting ChazznRoccosmom:

My son isn't into those, but his into Tech Decks. Tech Decks are the same exact thing, but skateboards you take apart and build and play with instead of bikes. He really likes them and plays with them quite a bit. They even have ramps and stuff for them. It's really what the kids are into these days, so I say it's a great gift idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)