• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dance dance revolution at school?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

We moved over the summer and the kids are all in new schools this year. The boys schools I love, but my daughters school is getting a bit annoying. A few weeks ago they had a fund raiser. When they sent home the permission slips you had 2 options. 1) participate or 2) not participate but donate $40 instead. That irritated me a little. Well today I get an e-mail from the school. They want to purchase a dance dance revolution game for gym and to use at school dances. The entire system will cost $6000-7000 and they are asking parents to donate $5 per student towards the purchase. I don't see the point in having video games in gym class. Why would I donate money for my daughter to play video games? It makes no sense to me. I can think of plenty of other things that the school could buy for $7000 that would help the kids a lot more than this. Maybe it's just me. What are your thoughts?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM

i dont see the point in it either really. if i wanted to help purchase a nerdy game , id do it in my own home.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM

If people want to donate to it, fine but don't demand a donation. 

dosthepost
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Have you ever played dance dance revolution? That game is WICKED SWEATY. It's five bucks, and your kids will get their exercise, be involved in some friendly competition, and have fun. I don't see the big deal at all.

casaleon
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I don't think that they should demand a donation if you want to give one thats fine.  But DDR is a really good work out I play it with my kids and after about 5 mins I feel like I was on the treadmill for 15 mins I am so tired. 

mommyziegler
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM

wow i would have loved to go to that school as a kid lol.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

skisbufly1
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

Have you ever played dance dance revolution? That game is WICKED SWEATY. It's five bucks, and your kids will get their exercise, be involved in some friendly competition, and have fun. I don't see the big deal at all.

coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Motivate them to actually participate in gym class willingly and get LOTS of exercise. I'd donate!

IluvAsialots4
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

Im.. a mother to Asia Sister to Rocco, Dylan & Roger, Aunt to 11 kids, a single mother, a AIDS & HIV+ supporter, a retired pothead, a sex lover, a new jersey resident and...I wouldnt change my life for the world <3

savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I attend the University of Kansas.  They had a dance dance revolution class for college credit.  Just thought you might find that funny.

baby 1stholiday

MissyButtons
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM

hahah I'm a dork, I LOVE that game... It's fun and it helped me lose 50 lbs in a couple of months ( along with eating right, of course ). It's reallly good cardio.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)