Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bra size help? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok i was less then an A when i got prego. Now I'm 4 months and they have blown up! I'm desterate for a bra right now and i'm having problems figuring my size. I checked out online some ways to check and according to one site I'm a 34b and according to another 30 DD/E. The problem is they want you to put on a good fitting non padded underwire bra. None of my bras come close to fitting and all are greatly padded where i was so tiny.

The site that said i was a 30 DD/E had no bra instructions that i used: If you are wearing a poorly fitting bra or no bra at all, you want to bend forward so that your back is parallel to the floor. Next, measure around your chest and over your nipples. This number should be rounded to the nearest whole number. When i do it like this i get 35 for my bust and with a size A bra on i get 34.5. Can someone help me figure this out?

Here are the mesurments>

Band 30 inches

Bust 34.5 or 35

top (upper chest) 32 inches

pregnancy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kidsrock2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I'm not sure of the exact process, but I do know that a lot of the higher end dept stores and places like Victorias secret have people on hand that can measure for you and help you find the right bra. Good luck.

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I dont have any stores like that around here. You have to drive over 50miles to buy name brand clothing like victoria secret.

Quoting my4kidsrock2:

I'm not sure of the exact process, but I do know that a lot of the higher end dept stores and places like Victorias secret have people on hand that can measure for you and help you find the right bra. Good luck.

pregnancy
WifeandMommy06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Victoria Secret does free bra size fittings.. go there and let the  messaure you.. Let them know your prego (if your not showing yet)...

Come Join my group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/EssureBirthcontrol

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Mommy2LnJ
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:47 PM

You could try this..

http://www.afraidtoask.com/breast/brasizeform1.html

I found another website that had actual examples... by actual I mean pictures of other women, and I didn't know if that would bother you, but the one above it a calculator thingy..

I'm a strong, pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', tattoo addicted, Brett Favre loving SAHM of 2 1/2yr old twin boys. *The tattoo is a mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface*

twin boys

swtabbga
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i work at motherhood maternity . . . according to what you put I would start you with a 34 D and maybe a 34 dd/e (at motherhood dd=e, they just go up the alphabet). When you buy a bra since you are in your second tri you should be in the middle hook (little known fact, your ribcage can expand at least 4 in while prego because baby is pushing your organs up) . . . if you don't have anything else you can put on a tank with a shelf bra on and measure that way . . . you will get an accurate band size but usually you can add a cup size because those bras tend to press down.

if you go here http://www.motherhood.com/size.asp?MasterCategory_Id=MC29 you can put your numbers in and they will tell you what size you should be.  If you can get into a store it would be better then you can try the different styles and see what fits best for you . . . bras are like jeans . . . they just suck when trying to find the right size and style. . . good luck!!

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thank you so much.

Quoting swtabbga:

i work at motherhood maternity . . . according to what you put I would start you with a 34 D and maybe a 34 dd/e (at motherhood dd=e, they just go up the alphabet). When you buy a bra since you are in your second tri you should be in the middle hook (little known fact, your ribcage can expand at least 4 in while prego because baby is pushing your organs up) . . . if you don't have anything else you can put on a tank with a shelf bra on and measure that way . . . you will get an accurate band size but usually you can add a cup size because those bras tend to press down.

if you go here http://www.motherhood.com/size.asp?MasterCategory_Id=MC29 you can put your numbers in and they will tell you what size you should be.  If you can get into a store it would be better then you can try the different styles and see what fits best for you . . . bras are like jeans . . . they just suck when trying to find the right size and style. . . good luck!!

pregnancy
canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Motherhood is a good one. Thats all I got...........sorry! 

FishersGirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

You could try this..

I found another website that had actual examples... by actual I mean pictures of other women, and I didn't know if that would bother you, but the one above it a calculator thingy..

I just tried that website and according to it I fit in a 46 B and I wear a 40 DD so idk. lol  I would go to the store and try on bras until you find the right size. I had to.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

~*Cassie*~

celestegood
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Have you got a sears near you?  Any department store like sears will fit you for free.  You can call the stores in your area and find out whether or not they fit for bras. 

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

You could try this..

I just did this and it put me in a 44D.  I am wearing a 40DD and it is quite comfortable.

The important thing to remember is that your breast should not bulge out of the bra at the top or the bottom and you shouldn't have gaps at the sides.  The bra should be comfortable.  Good luck.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)